California readies $7.3 billion offering for electric utilities
- Electric power. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p25A
Reports on the performance of electric utilities bonds in the United States for the first half of 1997. Decline of issuance in preparation for deregulation; Bond volume; Refundings; New money volume; Private-activity laws.
- Deal preview: Deregulation questions dog North Carolina Power Agency sale. Laterman, Kaya // Bond Buyer;07/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30180, p2
Reports on the effects of electric deregulation on the bond floatation of the North Carolina Municipal Power Agency No. 1.
- Public power tax exemption. Falzone, Garrett W.; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30189, p6
Argues that potential risk of United States public power bonds losing their tax-exempt status is exaggerated.
- Quest to cut costs drives power sales. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30453, p23
No abstract available.
- Reports: Pressure's Off California, But Fallout Remains to Be Seen. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p3
Reports that Standard & Poor's has removed California from CreditWatch due to the bridge fund obtained by the Department of Water Resources which will be used to buy power for the state's cash-strapped utilities. California's negative long-term rating outlook; Power revenue bond sale; Rating of...
- California utilities unveil bond plans, revenue restrictions. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;03/13/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30847, p36
Reports that water and power agencies in California have outlined their plans to issue bonds in fiscal year 2000. Use of the proceeds to finance the utilities' capital and maintenance requirements; Unique fiscal threats hanging over the utilities' capital programs.
- California PUC approves utility bonds. // Modern Power Systems;Oct97, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p11
Reports that California's Public Utilities Commission has approved plans submitted by three of the state's electric utilities to offer bonds. Amount of bonds offered; Purpose of the cash raised from the bonds; Utilities that would offer the bonds.
- San Antonio City Public Services Postpones $130 Million Offering. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32483, p40
The article provides updates on the $130 million of revenue bonds of San Antonio City Public Services (CPS) in Texas. The expected offering of the bonds has been postponed until late December 2006 or early January 2007. It was noted that the deal would have taken out outstanding taxable debt and...
- LIPA Outlook To Positive: Moody's. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31933, p2
Reports on the credit rating of Baa1 assigned by Moody's Investor Service to the general revenue bonds of the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA). Purpose of the offering plan; Reasons for the positive credit outlook; Expectation of Moody's from the operations of LIPA.