Senator's deregulation bill has troubling effective date
- NLC resolution urges eliminating Murkowski bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30286, p1
Presents information on the National league of Cities approval of a resolution terminating legislation by Senator Frank Murkowski. Reasons for this approval; Detailed information on the resolution; Comments from Mike Hernandez, Los Angeles city council member, and others.
- Senator speaks out on mining law reform. Murkowski, Frank H. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Feb94, Vol. 195 Issue 2, p16LL
Features United States Senator Frank H. Murkowski's comments on the mining law reform. National climate for development of mineral resources; Shift in public land policy from `multiple use' to `no use'; Assault of national environmental groups and Congress representatives on the federal Mining...
- Seeking consensus. Warner, Edward // Waste News;07/19/99, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the efforts of senator Frank Murkowski to develop a compromise restructuring bill for the electric industry in the United States. Decision to remove the bill out of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee; Importance of restructuring to waste-to-energy producers; Concerns of...
- Reconciliation bill veto? // Wilderness (07366477);Fall95, Vol. 59 Issue 210, p8
Looks at the letter of warning wrote to Senator Frank Murlowski from director of the Office of Management and Budget Alice Rivlin, boosting protection campaign of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Contents of letter; Plans to veto reconciliation bill if it is sent to the president.
- Frank Murkowski. Estes, Deborah // American Gas;Sep97, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p32
Presents an interview with US Senate Energy and Natural Committee chairman Frank Murkowski. Agenda of the Congress on energy issues; Prospects for developing natural gas resources in Alaska; Views on the need ffor electric restructuring legislation; Retail choice programs implemented for...
- Senate to hold utility deregulation hearings. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/30/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30361, p4
Reports that Senator Frank Murkowski will hold hearings on electric restructuring legislation. Bonds for facilities that participate in a deregulated market.
- Senate Energy Chairman Advocates Reform Bill, But Pushes Compromise. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30684, p14
Reports on Senator Frank Murkowski's push for electricity restructuring legislation in the United States. Mandates affecting states and local governments; Compromise on a comprehensive deal.
- Senator questions plant financing method. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Sep97, Vol. 211 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Senator Frank Murkowski, Chairman of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, has questioned municipal electric utilities' use of tax-exempt financing. Reference to an agreement which the New Smyrna Beach Utilities Commission signed with PanEnergy Power Services.
- Fish Bonds Well Spent. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p33
The article reports on the financing of the Ruth Burnett Sport Fish Hatchery in Fairbanks, Alaska. The fish hatchery, which Governor Frank Murkowski held a groundbreaking ceremony for it on August 5, 2006, will be funded with the proceeds of $68 million revenue bonds sold by the state in April....