Intercity high-speed rail authority offers California a path to the future
- California Selects PCM for First High-Speed-Rail Section. Blair, Scott // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/4/2013, Vol. 270 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that the California High-Speed Rail Authority hired joint venture Wong-Harris, comprised of engineering firms PGH Wong Engineering and Harris & Associates, to act as project manager in 2013 to build part of the high-speed rail track between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Kuala Lumpur builds two light-rail lines. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/15/96, Vol. 236 Issue 2, p57
Reports on the construction of light-rail systems in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Opening of the first leg of the STAR light-rail system on February 1996; Start of construction of the Putra rail system.
- Light rail job running along. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/03/97, Vol. 238 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the efforts to make the completion deadline for a light rail system project in San Diego, California. Environmental requirements and site access restrictions hampering the construction's progress; Number of stations encompassing the project.
- Will light rail become hostage to union demands? // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/15/97, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p18
Anticipates the impact of the proposed light rail transit to Salt Lake City, Utah. Concern arising from the Bay Area Rapid Transit Strike in San Francisco, California; Risks of giving labor unions power to go on strike.
- Dipping sales force shops to cut hours, close on Main St. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/27/98, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the economic impact of the light rail construction project in Salt Lake City, Utah. Decline in the sales of businesses affected by the closure of Main Street; Plans of several shops to cut back hours of operation; Tax credits recommended by some shops to compensate for losses during...
- New Tramlink cars arrive. // Rail Business Intelligence;2/23/2012, Issue 408, p6
The article reports that six Variobahn trams, the first of London Tramlines, will start its service by the end of February 2012.
- Rail for I-87, the sustainable solution. Morgan, Maureen M. // Westchester County Business Journal;04/27/98, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p23
Supports the plan to build a light rail transportation system in the I-287 road in Westchester County, New York. Rail as the key to economic development and mobility; Economic effect of traffic congestion.
- Light rail, heavy burden. Pepe, Ross // Westchester County Business Journal;04/27/98, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p23
Criticizes the plan to build a light rail transportation system in the I-287 road in Westchester County, New York. View of most Americans that rail is an unwise use of tax dollars; Study conducted on the number of drivers that use the light rail line to commute to work; Question on the...
- Mission Valley trolley line is a tough ticket. Sutherland, Billy // San Diego Business Journal;10/17/94, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the possible delay in the plan to extend the trolley line from Old Town to Mission Valley in San Diego, California. Budget and environmental problems encountered; Cost estimate of the project; Trolley line's infrastructures; Preparation cost of the project; Condemnation of Mission...