Intercity high-speed rail authority offers California a path to the future
- California Selects PCM for First High-Speed-Rail Section. Blair, Scott // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/4/2013, Vol. 270 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that the California High-Speed Rail Authority hired joint venture Wong-Harris, comprised of engineering firms PGH Wong Engineering and Harris & Associates, to act as project manager in 2013 to build part of the high-speed rail track between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Kuala Lumpur builds two light-rail lines. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/15/96, Vol. 236 Issue 2, p57
Reports on the construction of light-rail systems in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Opening of the first leg of the STAR light-rail system on February 1996; Start of construction of the Putra rail system.
- Light rail job running along. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/03/97, Vol. 238 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the efforts to make the completion deadline for a light rail system project in San Diego, California. Environmental requirements and site access restrictions hampering the construction's progress; Number of stations encompassing the project.
- Dallas plans more light rail. Roe, Andrew // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/14/98, Vol. 241 Issue 10, p23
Discusses the plans for the expansion of a light rail starter system in Dallas, Texas. Details on the extension projects; Cost of the projects; Other projects planned by the Dallas Area Rapid Transit Agency.
- Entertainment by tram. // Railway Gazette International;May2010, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the March 22, 2010 launch of a 2.8 kilometer extension of Adelaide's Glenelg tram route from City West to the Entertainment Centre at Hindmarsh in South Australia.
- Pink champagne in Reims. // Railway Gazette International;May2010, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p16
The article reports that the first of 18 pink Alstom Citadis trams for the light rail line in Reims, France has been displayed on March 26, 2010 in front of the city cathedral.
- Recession hits Toronto funding. // Railway Gazette International;May2010, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p16
The article reports that the 4 billion Canadian dollars promised for regional transport agency Metrolinx's Transit City light rail program would be delayed due to the economic difficulties faced by Canada.
- Will light rail become hostage to union demands? // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/15/97, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p18
Anticipates the impact of the proposed light rail transit to Salt Lake City, Utah. Concern arising from the Bay Area Rapid Transit Strike in San Francisco, California; Risks of giving labor unions power to go on strike.
- Dipping sales force shops to cut hours, close on Main St. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/27/98, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the economic impact of the light rail construction project in Salt Lake City, Utah. Decline in the sales of businesses affected by the closure of Main Street; Plans of several shops to cut back hours of operation; Tax credits recommended by some shops to compensate for losses during...