Not to worry, say business lobbyists
- clean POWER. DEPAULO, LISA // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p180
The article offers information on Lisa Jackson, head of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It states that the EPA has become pivotal as the economy is getting affected by the debates of global warming and climate change. It mentions that Jackson is a National Merit scholar, who has...
- What is the value of scientific knowledge? An application... Nordhaus, William D.; Popp, David // Energy Journal;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Presents information on a study which analyzes the value of improved information about a variety of geophysical and economic processes. Use of the `PRICE model'; Methodology utilized in the study; Results of the study.
- Climate change a threat to insurers. Goddard, Sarah // Business Insurance;4/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p17
Warns that financial services companies, including insurers, must get involved in efforts to offset global warming if they are to have any future. Comments from Jeremy Leggett, scientific director of environmental lobbyist Greenpeace International; Effects of Global warming on insurance...
- It's time to reconsider global climate change policy. O'Keefe, William F. // USA Today Magazine;Mar97, Vol. 125 Issue 2622, p81
Opinion. Argues that policies aimed at reversing global warming should take into account the economies of the world. The claim that knowledge about the true causes of global warming is not comprehensive; The policies of the Clinton administration regarding fossil fuel emissions and global...
- Global warming balance sheet: What we really know. Schneider, Stephen H. // Christian Science Monitor;8/8/97, Vol. 89 Issue 178, p19
Opinion. Discusses the economic ramifications of the predicted continuance of global warming. The potential for ecological disruption from widescale temperature increases; Attempts to quantify the economic damages that would be caused by global warming; The possible connection between global...
- Jobs at Alcoa depend on Kyoto outcome. Milburn, Caroline // Issues;Aug/Oct97, Issue 40/41, p12
Focuses on the impact of Australia's stand on global warming on the employment at Alcoa's Point Henry factory. Effect of cuts in greenhouse emissions to Australia's economy; Soaring of electricity prices with greenhouse gas reduction measures.
- Smart Green. Estes, Jonathan // Smart Green - Business Book Summaries;11/17/2010, p1
There was, perhaps, a time when people could credibly wonder whether human actions really play a role in determining the fate of the planet, but no longer. Awareness of green issues has reached a tipping point. The potential environmental and humanitarian consequences of global warming are...
- Aligning public and private interests to tackle climate change. Staff, Bulletin // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses climate change as a result of market failure. According to the author, the failure to account the price of carbon dioxide emissions on the cost of energy encourages the use of carbon-emitting technologies, which eventually results to global warming. The government is...
- LETTER FROM THE EDITOR. Madrick, Jeff // Challenge (05775132);Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p3
This article introduces the journal by relating its contents, which address issues such as the economic aspects of global warming, recessions, and the issues facing U.S. President Elect Barack Obama, to current events.