Why are ISO 14000 and standardization important?
- Making SEMs of compliance. Martin, Raymond; Sleeman, Stuart // Pollution Engineering;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p47
Focuses on the Strategic Environment Management (SEM) as a management approach to ISO 14000 Standards Series certification. Need to integrate environmental concerns in business planning; Details on the ISO 14000 standards; EMS' goal of addressing environmental impacts of a company's product,...
- Audits, labeling and life-cycles: The rest of ISO 14000. Wilson, Robert C. // Pollution Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p31
Presents an overview of the International Organization Standard (ISO) 14000 environmental management standards in the United States. Description of ISO 14001; ISO guidance standards; Environmental auditing standards; ISO 14000 labeling and life-cycles.
- ISO 14000: Fostering an environment ethic. Grahl, Christine // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jan1997, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p60
Focuses on ISO 14000, an environmental standard program that goes beyond governmental regulations. Rise of voluntary environmental programs; Significant environmental standards in ISO 14000 programs; Components of the ISO 14000 standards; Definition of 14001; Concerns relating to ISO 14001; Its...
- Preparing for ISO 14001: Making the decision. Schomer, Dawne // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jan1997, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p64
Opinion. Presents the author's view about the factors to be considered for the decision on ISO 14001 from a variety of different perspectives. Factors to be considered by Fortune 500 company, smaller company and a company with one United States facility employing 200 people for the decision on...
- ISO 14000. Rezaee, Zabihollah // Internal Auditor;Oct96, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p56
Discusses aspects of the ISO 14000 environmental standards. Framework; Environmental auditing; Environmental reporting.
- ISO 14000: Where to from here? Martin, Raymond; Sleeman, Stuart // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May97, Vol. 224 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the role of the ISO 14000 Series Standards in providing business with the structure for managing varied environmental concerns and impacts. Reasons for employers to seek ISO 14001 implementation; Areas covered by the ISO 14000; Advantages offered by the standard to businesses.
- ISO 14001: More pros than cons. Hourahan, Glenn C. // Appliance Manufacturer;Aug96, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p72
Focuses on the International Standard Organization (ISO) 14001 series of quality standards for management systems. Background information; Coverage; Specification standard; Reactions; Expectations.
- ISO 14000 what you need to know. Jackson, Suzan L. // Occupational Hazards;Oct97, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p127
Presents information on the International Organization for Standardization's (ISO) creation of the ISO 14000 quality management system. Launching of the ISO 14001 and ISO 14004 in September of 1996; Purpose of the ISO 14000; Information on all the ISO series; How the ISO series benefits companies.
- ISO 14000 publication on track. // Quality;Oct96, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the publication of the ISO 14000 series of environmental-management system standards. Confirmation votes for the standards; Need to incorporate comments.