Why are ISO 14000 and standardization important?
- Audits, labeling and life-cycles: The rest of ISO 14000. Wilson, Robert C. // Pollution Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p31
Presents an overview of the International Organization Standard (ISO) 14000 environmental management standards in the United States. Description of ISO 14001; ISO guidance standards; Environmental auditing standards; ISO 14000 labeling and life-cycles.
- ISO 14000. Rezaee, Zabihollah // Internal Auditor;Oct96, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p56
Discusses aspects of the ISO 14000 environmental standards. Framework; Environmental auditing; Environmental reporting.
- ISO 14001: More pros than cons. Hourahan, Glenn C. // Appliance Manufacturer;Aug96, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p72
Focuses on the International Standard Organization (ISO) 14001 series of quality standards for management systems. Background information; Coverage; Specification standard; Reactions; Expectations.
- Developing nations clean up. Sorge, Marjorie // Automotive Industries;May97, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p52
Introduces ISO 14000, a series of international standards that assist in the creation of management processes for improving the environment. Adoption of these standards by developing nations; Comments by individuals on ISO 14000; Views of Ford Motors and General Motors of the standards.
- The ISO 14000: What you should know. Watson, Bibi // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p3
Explains the nature of ISO 14000. Driving forces behind the standard; US Environmental Protection Agency's willingness to accept the ISO 14000 standards; Use of ISO 9000 for quality documentation; Importance of ISO 14000 certification.
- The ISO 14000: What you should know. Watson, Bibi S. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Plant Edition;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p3
Provides information on the international environmental management standards known as ISO 14000. Reasons for the adoption of the standard; Interest of the US Environmental Protection Agency; Use of ISO 9000 as a base for quality documentation; Recommendation on the implementation of employee...
- The new ISO 14000 series: What exporters should know. Sierra, Enrique // International Trade Forum;1996, Issue 3, p16
Informs new developments regarding the ISO 14000 series that must be known by exporters. Basic requirements; Implementation guidelines; Other related guidelines; Voluntary nature; Further information.
- ISO 14000 poses a challenge. Zuckerman, Amy // Plastics News;5/26/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p14
Focuses on the International Standards Organization (ISO) 14000 Environmental Management System Standards which have been published. Information on the ISO 14000 presenting certain benefits and challenges for plastic manufactures; What is required by companies to get marketing benefits; Who...
- The quality pro is key in pursuit of ISO 14000. Minner, Jill F. // Quality;Jan97, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the quality professionals' role in their companies' pursuit of ISO 14000. Attitudes of ideal quality manager discussed; Perception of quality professionals on ISO 14000; Integration of environmental management system and quality management system into one procedure. INSET: Getting...
- ISO 14000: The next focus in standardization. Hormozi, Amir M. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer97, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p32
Looks at how the development of ISO (International Organization for Standardization) 14000 standards will affect the understanding of environmental issues and concerns. Environmental management standards which the ISO 14000 series is modeled after; Components of ISO 14000; Implementing an...