- Corporate volunteer programs prosper in tough economy. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 14 Issue 81, p27
Reports on the impact of corporate volunteer programs on American corporations. Study by the Conference Board and the Points of Light Foundation; Advantages; Opportunities for growth and interaction; Percentage of companies who agree on the benefits of volunteer programs; Increase in employee...
- Women at Work. // Lesbian News;Mar97, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p58
Reports that the Pasadena, California career and job resource center, Women at Work, is looking for daytime volunteers. Reason for this; Stipulated hours volunteers must serve; Contact point for information.
- Las Vegas volunteers make a difference. Dizon, Brenda // Las Vegas Business Press;05/05/97, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p4
Highlights the contributions of volunteer organizations and the benefits of their programs for Las Vegas, Nevada. Rundown of local and national volunteer organizations; Contributions of the Association of Junior Leagues; Group's projects; Corporate support.
- Westchester Corporate Volunteer Council. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/03/96, Vol. 35 Issue 23, Westchester Corporate... p23
Reports on events and activities by the Westchester Corporate Volunteer Council. Includes holding of the 4th Annual Human Race on May 18, 1996; Easter basket contest; Appointment of Joan Grindley as co-president; Leadership Westchester's inaugural class.
- What's 30 minutes? Ingram, Stephen // Association Management;May96, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p44
Reports that you should ask yourself `What can my volunteers accomplish for the association for 30 minutes each week' and you should make out a list of actions volunteers can take. Importance of membership marketing; Making calls to members and advocacy; Introduction of yourself as a...
- Addressing serious problems. // Association Management;Sep96, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the findings of a Gallup survey conducted for The Points of Light Foundation which focused on people in the United States who do volunteer work. Social problems as the focus of majority of volunteers; Significant differences in the types of activities preferred by volunteers;...
- Letters from...Orange County, Vermont. Pfarrer, Donald // Regional Review;Summer94, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p27
Presents a volunteer's reflection about his experiences in a Vermont farm in the late 1980s. Challenge posed by a neighbor's query on what the volunteer is going to do for the town; Awakening in the company of others.
- Volunteers play a key role. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p4
Looks at the role volunteer workers play in reducing the cost of need services. Non-profit organizations; Proposal for a Volunteers Week.
- With less time to give time, volunteers seek flexibility. Steindorf, Sara // Christian Science Monitor;12/6/99, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p20
Concentrates on the growth of volunteer programs that allow volunteers to donate time sporadically with no fixed obligations.
- Building bridges. // Farmer Cooperatives;May95, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on Volunteers in Overseas Cooperative Assistance's efforts to promote international cooperation. Improvement of the quality of life; Understanding of cooperative concepts; Sources of financial support.