Definitions cloud issue of personal data access
- Fed guidelines for electronic data security. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;12/9/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 235, p4
Reports on the publication of a document by the Federal Reserve Board designed to help banks ensure the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of information moved electronically in the United States. Features of the guideline.
- Arguments for the standardization of privacy protection policy: Canadian initiatives and ... Bennett, Colin J. // Government Information Quarterly;1997, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p352
Discusses the Canadian privacy protection policy and its application to the public at federal levels with the exception of Quebec. Functions of the Confederation States of America; Background information on the Canadian Bankers Association; Discussion on data protection; Indepth look at the...
- Alarmed chairmen express concern about big brother. Rodriguez, Paul M. // Insight on the News;08/19/96, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p12
Discusses the concern of two government officials on the ability of the United States government to collect and store personal data on every Americans. Recognition of the enormity of the problem; Limitation on what agencies can get access to private financial and background information; Need...
- Protect us from the snoopers. Davies, Simon // New Scientist;09/06/97, Vol. 155 Issue 2098, p48
Focuses on the debate on the British government's announcement that it intend to create statutory right to the privacy of personal data. Use of the plan as a key element in the promised incorporation of the European Convention of Human Rights into British law; Condemnation of the plan as a...
- Implementing the European Union Data Protection Directive 1995 in UK Law: The Data Protection... Charlesworth, Andrew // Government Information Quarterly;1999, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p203
Discusses the implementation of the Data Protection Act of 1998 in Great Britain. Purpose of the law; Criticisms of the law; Overview of the Data Protection Act of 1984; Principles of data protection; Details on the European Data Protection Directive of 1995; Conclusion.
- Marketers urged to be fully ready for new data bill. // Marketing (00253650);2/3/2000, p12
Reports that Elizabeth France, the Data Protection Registrar, has warned British marketers that they need to be better prepared for the effects of the 1998 Data Protection Act, which will come to effect on March 1, 2000.
- The EU Data Privacy Directive. Gawadi, Nadya // Applied Clinical Trials;Mar2001, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p61
Discusses the European Union's data privacy directive on free flow of data across national boundaries. General provisions of Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995; General rules on lawfulness; Transfer to third country; Identifiability of clinical data.
- The European Union Data Privacy Directive. Fromholz, Julia M. // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p461
Focuses on the plan of European Union (EU) government in regulating the use of personal data on computers and Internet in European Union countries. Embodiment of the Data Privacy Directive on the Privacy of Personal Data 95/46/EC; Definitions of privacy, costs and benefits of protecting...
- Straight to the point. Manocha, Rima // People Management;1/23/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p14
Deals with the explanation of Great Britain's Information Commissioner Richard Thomas on the delays in the final version of the Employment Practices Data Protection Code. Controversy about the code; Action taken regarding the code on monitoring; Career background of Thomas.