- Best Value review must address staff transfer issues, CBI warns. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;11/23/2001, p16
Focuses on the recommendation of John Cridland, deputy director general of the CBI on the review of Best Value in Great Britain. Effect of the increase in outsourcing on the terms and conditions of employees; Issue on two-tier workforce; Advice on the use of constructive approach.
- Workforce skills is key for UK business. // Utility Week;6/24/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p25
Presents the findings of the "Survey of Regional Economic Trends," released by the CBI and the Regional Development Agencies in Great Britain in June 2005. Factor that inhibits the development of the businesses in Great Britain; Percentage of companies that have launched funded training for...
- Keep informed of your duties. // Works Management;Nov2004, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p14
The article reports that as early as next April companies will have to comply with the European Commission's Directive on Informing and Consulting Employees. They will be obliged to meet minimum standards for communicating with employees about key decisions. To help firms to meet these...
- Trade unions clash with CBI over companies' compulsion. Phillips, James // Money Marketing;11/11/2004, p12
Reports that the TUC LLC and CBI have clashed over pension compulsion in Great Britain. Assessment of the compulsory occupational schemes; Decline of the employer contribution levels; Evaluation of the multi-company pension schemes.
- Drop in confidence. // Financial Management;May2001, p4
Presents information on the quarterly survey of CBI concerning business confidence of financial services firms in Great Britain. Decrease in respondents' optimism; Sector with greatest decrease in optimism.
- Upswing for some former outcasts. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;08/13/99, Issue 5150, p6
Reports on the retail growth of former outcasts in the British retail sector as shown by CBI statistics.
- More demand for property. // Professional Engineering;01/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
Reports on a survey conducted by CBI indicating an upturn in the commercial property market in Great Britain. Move by companies to increase property holdings; Rise in business confidence; Growth prospects in the metals and chemicals sectors.
- If I had to start again... Banham, John // Management Today;Sep99, p24
Presents the CBI director-general's reflections on his conduct of life. Involvement with start-ups; Advise that can be distilled from the director-general's career; Concern for building organizations for the benefit of all the stakeholders.
- Employee relations. // People Management;02/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p16
Reports on backing of executive codes, Mercury's employees uprising and Labour Party's stand on unions. IPD and Confederation of British Industry (CBI) plan to improve corporate governance within British firms; Members of workers' union at Mercury's call for employment contracts; Labour Party's...