- Streets ahead. Thatcher, Mike // People Management;3/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p45
Discusses how a senior police in Scotland are benefiting from a training programme that highlights human resource and strategic management issues. Aims of the training programme for police superintendents introduced by Scottish Police College; Genesis of the training programme; Reason why the...
- Accelerated learning: A new approach to cross-cultural training. Youngs, Alan C.; Novas, Ana // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Mar1995, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p14
Discusses a specialized cultural awareness and language training program for the officers of the Lakewood, Colorado Police Department. Accelerated learning; Training sessions; Cultural topics introduced; Follow-up training.
- FaxBack response. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Aug95, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the need for foreign language training of police officers in the United States. Major obstacles in providing foreign language programs in police departments; Description of a Spanish training course designed by a police department; Greater need for foreign language programs in...
- The model precinct. Greenberg, Martin A. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Sep98, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the Model Precinct, a method used by agency administrators in the United States to monitor and uplift the integrity and professionalism of their police officers. Structure of the Model Precinct; Advantages of the Model; Conclusion.
- Aboriginal policing program trains 10 future cops. Gladue, Yvonne Irene // Alberta Sweetgrass;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p11
Focuses on the Aboriginal Police Studies program to be conducted at the south-side campus of Grant MacEwan College in Edmonton, Alberta. Purpose of the program; Benefits of the program for participants; Contents of the training program.
- Bringing the whip back to law enforcement. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;04/20/98, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p6
States that as a part of a continuing probe into programs tasking with the training of foreign police officers and prosecutors, Michael Bromwich, the Justice Department's inspector general (IG) has dispatched investigators in 1998 to Moscow. When the probe was launched; What IG investigators...
- About time award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/24/96, Vol. 43 Issue 26, p1
Supports New York State's Nassau and Suffolk Legislatures in their plan to study consolidating police academies. Planned sharing of the Suffolk police academy proposed for the Brentwood campus of Suffolk Community College.
- Police put public more in the know. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;10/4/99, Vol. 91 Issue 216, p7
Reports the development of a different police practice and its effect on relations between police and communities, including the example of Toronto, Canada and use of the practice to apprehend a suspect.
- Fax back question. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Apr95, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p19
Presents a faxback question requesting opinion on language training in the police force. Nature of the training; Need for language training; Contact information.
- Tough times in good ol' polk. Morrison, David C. // National Journal;7/29/96, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p1959
Comments on the reactions of political figures to the alleged racist slant of the annual campout in Tennessee for law enforcement officers. Organizer of the campout; Criticisms of Senator Fred Thompson.