- Gender differences in employee tenure. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Sep2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the gender differences in employee tenure in the U.S. from 1983 to 2002. Median number of years that wage and salary workers had been with their current employer in January 2002; Comparison of median tenure between men and women during the period.
- Disparity in full-time jobs. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Dec99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on gender differences in full-time jobs in Australia. Employment of boys and girls; Comparison between boys in regional and rural areas with regards to school attendance.
- Analyzing the gender pay gap. Blau, Francine D.; Kahn, Lawrence M. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Fall99 Special Issue, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p625
Empirical research on gender pay gaps has traditionally focused on the role of gender-specific factors, particularly gender differences in qualifications and differences in the treatment of otherwise equally qualified male and female workers (i.e., labor market discrimination). This paper...
- THE SEXES VARY ON WORKPLACE WANTS. // USA Today Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 129 Issue 2670, p8
Focuses on the sex differences in employment priorities in the United States.
- `Survivor' is a microcosm of the workplace. Miller, Mike // Credit Union Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p22
Highlights the aspects of survivorship in the workplace. Management of diversity issues in the workplace; Gender aspects of the workforce; Differences in the values and beliefs; Importance of compromise and collaboration.
- LABOUR MARKET INEQUALITY BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN: ALLOCATIONAL DIFFERENCES VERSUS WAGE RATE.... Schippers, Joop J.; Siegers, Jacques J. // De Economist (0013-063X);Oct91, Vol. 139 Issue 3, p401
Examines the differences on the allocation of workers to jobs among men and women. Inequality of the labor market; Assessment of the average wage rate differences; Evaluation of the educational achievements.
- Ethical Trade and South African Deciduous Fruit Exports--Addressing Gender Sensitivity. Barrientos, Stephanie; McClenaghan, Sharon; Orton, Liz // European Journal of Development Research;Jun2000, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p140
Examines ethical trade in the socio-economic context of gendered patterns of employment within the South African deciduous fruit export sector. Examination of ethical trade between South African employment and Great Britain's supermarkets; Gender patterns of employment in the sector;...
- Hellenic (Greek) Gender Attitudes. Marcos, Anastasios; Bahr, Stephen // Gender Issues;Summer2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p21
Using data from 1,120 residents of Athens, Greece, we used structural equation modeling to confirm the existence of three types of gender attitudes: (1) egalitarian housework attitudes, (2) acceptance of females in traditionally male occupations, and (3) acceptance of males in traditionally...
- The Gender Pay Gap. Blau, Francine D.; Kahn, Lawrence M. // NBER Reporter;Summer2001, p8
Presents information on a study which analyzed the determinants of gender differences in pay using international comparisons of the gender gap in the United States. Explanations developed by economists for group differences in pay; Analysis of the decrease in the gender pay gap in the 1980s;...