Staff blow the whistle
- U.K. whistleblower bill fails. Chapman, Christy // Internal Auditor;Oct96, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the British Parliament's failure to pass a bill designed to protect individuals who disclose corporate wrongdoing. Provisions of the Public Interest Disclosure Bill that would have given privileges to whistleblowers; Reasons for the bill's expiration.
- Whistleblowing. Wilson, Beth // Legaldate;Mar96, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p8
Cites William De Maria's article in the December 1996 issue of `Alternative Law Journal,' on the phenomenon of whistleblowing. Whistleblower protection bills that have been drafted in Australia and New Zealand.
- Whistleblowers...learn to love them. Brooks, Leonard J. // Canadian Business Review;Summer93, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on whistleblowing in Canadian business and the treatment of whistleblowers. Amendment of the False Claims Act in the US; Whistleblower protection in the US; Reasons for protecting and encouraging whistleblowers; Success of whistleblower acts; Canadian situation; Canadian issues;...
- More rulings in favor of states. Richey, Warren; Marks, Alexandra; Axtman, Kris // Christian Science Monitor;5/23/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 127, p3
Reports on the ruling by the United States Supreme Court that exempts states from citizen-initiated lawsuits under a federal whistle-blower law.
- Business sees whistleblower law as threat. Salvail, Andre // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/06/98, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p1
Reports that according to legal experts a state law in Louisiana designed to protect whistleblowers from being fired, could lead to more lawsuits against employers. Information on the law which the Legislature passed in 1997; Details on the changes made under the law; Comments made by Bill...
- New Law Protects Federal Scientists. // Earthwise;Spring2013, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
The article offers information on Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act with its relevance with protection of scientist against retaliation by a manager in case scientist who exposes the censorship or suppression of federal research.
- Federal court approves contractor fraud suit by citizen. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 11 Issue 60, p28
Reports that a federal court has upheld the constitutionality of the 1986 amendments to a whistle blowing law in the United States. Claims of aerospace contractors on the alleged use of the law by employees to file fraud lawsuits.
- U.K. whistleblowers bill likely to be enacted. // Internal Auditor;Dec97, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p12
Talks about the bill protecting British whistleblowers from risks in their jobs. Accounts of job loss of whistleblowers; Example of the unemployment case of whistleblowers; Components of the bill.
- ICSA International. Bush, Frank // Keeping Good Companies (14447614);Mar2010, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p94
The article recounts relevant real life experiences and outlines several issues related to the Australian whistleblowing legislation.
- Federal Whistleblower Law Wins Judges' Blessing in 7-2 Decision. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/23/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30897, p5
Reports that the United States Supreme Court has upheld the constitutionality of a federal whistleblower law that has been used by private citizens to file fraud suits. Lawsuits on behalf of the government in securities and other cases; Yield-burning lawsuits; Provisions of the False Claims Act.