- Reverse resume viewing: An overlooked aspect of realistic job previews. G.Pesek, James; Farinacci, Carl // Review of Business;Winter95/96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on reverse resume viewing, the opportunity for job candidates to view the resumes of current organizational employees, as a tool in making a career change decision. Use of reverse resume viewing in the university setting; Study of the perceptions of accountants of the importance of...
- Confused about resume writing? Answers to common myths. Eigles, Lorrie // Women in Business;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p9
Addresses common myths about writing a resume and offers tips on how to create a resume that will get results. Problem of being humble; Length of resume; Importance of having a job objective; Chronological and functional resumes; Suggested reading. INSET: How to write a focused job objective,...
- Does your resume over-inform? // Secretary;Mar96, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p5
Gives pointers on what to include in resumes. Reference to the article written by Dawn Penfold in `Meeting News' entitled `The Resume: What to Leave Out'; Nonessential information that are not to be included in the resume.
- Resume message to jobseekers: Keep it simple. // San Diego Business Journal;6/24/96, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p21
Offers advice for jobseekers on how to make an effective resume. Amount of time spent by executives in reviewing an applicant's resume; Proofreading one's resume; Emphasizing one's accomplishments.
- Solid resume can help job seeker get foot in the door. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;1/2/95, Vol. 4 Issue 40, p7
Reports on the resume as a tool for the job seeker. Presentation; Impression of the resume on the employer.
- Since you asked...how to top off your resume? C.H. // Black Enterprise;Jul95, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p65
Answers a reader's inquiry on how to write job objectives or qualification summaries on a resume. Messages implied by a career objective on prospective employers; Disadvantages of using job objectives; Importance of career flexibility.
- ASM career corner. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Sep96, Vol. 150 Issue 3, p80
Presents tips on how applicants can prepare resumes which can pass through tracking systems. Optical character recognitions or scanners; Reduction of error factors; Need for laser quality prints; Need to exclude photographs; Maximum length of the resume.
- Customizing your resume. Saftner, T.J. // Career World;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p6
Presents information on how one should formulate a resume, highlighting the point that no two jobs are exactly the same. Why one should place submit resumes as job requires; Pointers to consider when writing a resume; Views of experts; Reference to books on the topic. INSET: Resume pointers..
- Start fresh when writing a new resume. Penson, Peta // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/29/97, Issue 322205, p31
Offers advice on writing resumes. Zero-based resume writing recommended by lecturer Lili Pratt; Use of white space; Importance of honesty; Giving the employer a glimpse of the job applicants' personal makeup; Use of buzz words; Resume as a bullet point script of the conversation the applicant...