Charities must boost image for New Deal
- DWP can't confirm subsidies. Rowley, Sylvia // Third Sector;12/6/2011, Issue 687, p7
The article reports on the inability of the Department of Work and Pensions to confirm whether charities will be eligible for subsidies under the new 1 billion-pound youth unemployment scheme in Great Britain.
- Chef cooks up a gumbo of change in community. Lika, Vedat // Fort Worth Business Press;2008 Agenda, Vol. 20, p26
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being unemployed and the help offered by Catholic Charities during that time.
- A GLOSSARY OF TERMS USED IN DISCUSSION OF RELIEF FOR THE UNEMPLOYED. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul36, Vol. 15 Issue 6/7, p176
Presents the glossary of terms used in discussion of relief for the unemployed in the United States. Boondoggling; Earmarking; Prevailing wage.
- TIME FOR GOOD WORKS: Recruiter helps young, unemployed bankers land plum board assignments. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 47, pN.PAG
Reports that recruiters in the U.S. are assisting young unemployed bankers to get a seat on the board of various charities. Opportunities offered by boards for private equity investors; Details of the charity database developed by the consultancy Cynthia Remec Associates.
- 'Charity that Heals': The Scottish Labour Colony Association and Attitudes to the Able-bodied... Johnston, Ronald // Scottish Historical Review;Apr98, Vol. 77, 1 Issue 203, p77
Deals with the importance of the Mid-Locharwoods labor colony in relation with the cyclically unemployed in Scotland. Functions of the labor colony; Ideological standpoint of the Charity Organisation Society; Distinction of the Scottish Poor Law from its English counterpart; Weak points of the...
- The Financing of Unemployment Relief. Aldrich, Winthrop W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/17/34, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p176
Presents the speech given by Chase National Bank Chairman Winthrop W. Aldrich, before the Commonwealth Club of San Francisco, California, on December 3, 1934 about the financing of unemployment relief.
- Back of Business. HIRSCHFELD, GERHARD // America;3/4/1933, Vol. 48 Issue 22, p531
The article looks at the more than 12,000,000 unemployed people in the U.S. and the financial problems facing its cities. Accordingly, these people will be forced to look for other agencies to bring them relief. It says that the financial problems of these cities are two-fold in nature which are...
- The Economics of Preemployment Drug Testing. Zimmerman, Jason // Journal of Economics (03616576);2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p47
A labor market matching model shows that preemployment drug testing leads to a net improvement in social welfare, but the overall level of drug testing will exceed the social optimum. These results hold for wide ranges of parameter values. Drug testing results in fewer and shorter episodes of...
- Mercy brands soup kitchen. Montgomery, Angus // Design Week (Online Edition);8/9/2012, p5
The article reports that Liverpool-based consultancy Mercy has formed an identity and website for its North West charity the Southport Soup Kitchen. It is stated that Mercy director Joe Bramhall is a volunteer with the charity and he help it to raise its profile as it not only supports the...