Calls for law banning `one-sided' flexibility
- Does your association offer flextime? // Association Management;Jul97, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p24
Presents a graph with statistical information related to associations in the United States which offer flextime.
- Types of available flextime. // Association Management;Jul97, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p24
Presents a chart with statistical information related to the types of flextime which employees of associations in the United States have access to.
- Traffic congestion tips work-life balance. Shutan, Bruce // Employee Benefit News;Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the implications of traffic congestion in the United States (US). Findings of the Texas Transportation Institute's (TTI) annual study of the nation's traffic congestion; Flexible working schedules among federal workers; Efforts of the 100 best companies to work for in America;...
- Flexible Working in Europe. Brewster, Chris; Mayne, Lesley; Tregaskis, Olga // Journal of World Business;Summer97, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p133
This research paper analyzes and reports upon the current practice of flexible working amongst organizations in Europe: focussing on current developments in the use, by employing organizations, of part- time workers and a range of contractual variations (temporary work; fixed-term contracts...
- Are you working flexibly? Finn, Widget; Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director;Sep98, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on the compensation of flexible workers in Great Britain. Reference to a report furnished by the National Association of Citizens' Advice Bureaux; Statement from the Industrial Society; Discussion on flexible work practices.
- Employee surveys on flexible working. Stevens, Jane; Brown, Juliet; Lee, Caroline; Palmer, Tom // Labour Market Trends;Jun2004, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p219
Reports on the employee surveys on flexible working carried out between January and February 2003 by MORI Social Research Institute in Great Britain. Method of the survey; Purpose of conducting the Second Work-Life Balance Study Employees' Survey; Findings of the study.
- CEO TO CEO. // Association Management;Dec2000, Vol. 52 Issue 13, p81
Presents views of several chief executive officers of various associations in the United States about flexible work options. Employees eligible for the flexible working hours implemented by the Association of Marriage and Family Therapists; Compensation policy adopted by the American Society of...
- News. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/30/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4551, p39
The article offers news briefs related to hospitality industry in Great Britain. According to the Citizens Advice, more than 1,000 workers yearly failed to receive money awarded to them by employment tirbunals. The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development plans to delay laws that extends...
- Flexibility is key to retaining top talent. Hartley // Personnel Today;6/1/2004, p14
The article focuses on flexible working hours. One in eight employers refuse requests for flexible working, according to a survey by the DTI. Sure, the numbers are creeping up and fewer workers' wishes are being turned down than a few years ago. But nor enough. Possibly because they can't stand...