Retail reader's guide
- MMD enhances yield-curve benchmark by adding state, sector... Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30267, p30
Reports that the Municipal Market Data (MMD) has updated its Web site to include yield-curve data specific to states, sectors and ratings. Information that can be provided by the MMD Interactive to users; Additional information offered; Evidences that show how MMD Interactive has met favorable...
- Taxable sales rise in May. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/1/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 31, pP13
The article reports the increase in taxable sales in the state of Nevada which reached 3.36 billion dollars in May 2011 according to the state Department of Taxation.
- WISCONSIN. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;Mar2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Presents news briefs on Wisconsin as of March 2003. Gains in the rate of tax increases; Snow level in the 2002-03 season through January.
- Can high personal tax rates encourage entrpreneurial activity? Gordon, Roger H. // IMF Staff Papers;Mar98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p49
Investigates over whether high personal tax rates encourage entrepreneurial activity. Methodology used in the investigation process; Reference made to exiting income tax systems; Implications of the results.
- Budget plan would suspend tax rollback. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p21
Reports the suspension of the government budget balancing plan in Michigan. Reduction of business tax rate; Plan on the increase of cigarette tax; Inclusion of art organizations and communities on the budget suspension.
- Taxes Fairfield County and Westchester County. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/25/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 34, pS37
Presents charts related to tax rates in Fairfield County and Westchester County in New York.
- GOP goal: Getting California back on course. Baldwin, Steve // San Diego Business Journal;2/19/96, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p43
Opinion. Comments on the GOP's efforts to get California back on track through a bill that would lower California's corporate tax rate. What happened since they took control; What critics say; Other reform measures that would help the county and the city governments and businesses;...
- Revenue-stabilizing tax rates over the business cycle... Enomoto, Carl E.; Erickson, Christopher A. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Summer92, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p84
Presents a study to formulate a model of private and government sector behavior to derive a time path for tax rates. The theoretical model to determine the effect of alternate tax policies; Data and results of the study; Summary and conclusions.
- Tax season is upon us. Reynolds, Brian M. // National Public Accountant;Feb96, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p10
Presents the National Society of Public Accountants' (NSPA) tax rate schedule for individuals and corporations. Use of schedule for estimation of clients' tax liabilities.