ACA joins bond insurance trade group
- American Capital Access, A Bond Insurer Pioneer, Is Admitted To Membership In AFGI. // Insurance Advocate;11/29/97, Vol. 108 Issue 47, p26
Reports that American Capital Access (ACA), a company that initiated bond insurer operations has been admitted to membership in the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers. Rating of the company; Target markets of ACA; Members of the association.
- Drop in refinancings ends muni bond boom. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/21/94, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the growth of competition in the financial guarantee insurance business as a result of the decrease in municipal bond issues. Cause of the decrease; Comments from Ann C. Stern, chairman and chief executive officer of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.; Diversification of financial...
- Risky business: Muni bond insurers may branch out. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/21/94, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the plan by financial guarantee insurers to branch out as a result of the reduction in the volume of municipal bond issues. Areas of diversification for insurers; Comments from Richard A. Ciccarone, executive vice president of Kemper Securities Inc.; Implications of the trend.
- Financial Perspectives and Overviews. Hogue, Robert D. // Insurance Advocate;03/20/99, Vol. 110 Issue 12, p40
Discusses the financial guaranty insurance. United States financial guaranty companies active in business; Discussion on two sectors of financial guaranty market, the municipal bond insurance and insurance on asset-backed debt.
- Berkshire's New Pet. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p20
The article reports that Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway has gotten a license to insure municipal securities in the U.S. The new venture will be called Berkshire Hathaway Assurance Corp., which will be authorized to write financial guaranty insurance policies for municipal bonds. According to...
- Vermont, New Hampshire Municipal Banks Ready Annual Deals. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p35
Reports on the readiness of the bond banks to enter the municipal bond market in the U.S. Issuance of general obligation bonds by the Vermont Municipal Bond Bank; Plans of the New Hampshire Municipal Bond Bank to sell forty-seven million dollar worth of bonds; Flexibility of the bank to buy a...
- Performance of Insured Bonds after the Insurers' Downgrades: Some Preliminary Results. Su Huang; Catherine Lau // Proceedings of the New York State Economics Association;2012, Issue 5, p65
Financial guaranty insurance played an important role in the municipal bond market during the years up to the financial crisis, covering over 50% of new issuance at its peak in 2005. During the financial crisis, the seven AAA/Aaa financial guaranty insurers which dominated this industry all lost...
- Insuring Outside the Box: Non-Muni Growth on a Roll. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p1
Though municipal bond insurance remains the backbone of the financial guaranty industry, guarantors in recent years have shown a greater propensity to write non-municiple bond insurance business, according to a recent report by Moody's Investors Service Inc. Moody's examination of the five most...
- Newly formed bond insurer rated single-A. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/07/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30246, p39
Reports on the ratings received by American Capital Access (ACA) Corp. from three credit rating agencies. ACA's capitalization, projected exposure to risky credits and market presence.