Innovative use of computers can actually make money for
- Educating reporters on nation's schools. Bowen, Charles // Editor & Publisher;02/13/99, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p31
Offers ideas on using Internet service in finding schools in the United States. Advantage offered; How to use the directory; Considerations in using the site.
- School Portal Next For ZapMe! Smetannikov, Max // Inter@ctive Week;11/29/99, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p9
Provides information on the plan of ZapMe!, a San Ramon, California-based Internet service provider, to launch a school portal connecting teachers, parents and students. Other service providers involved in the plan; Number of computers deployed by ZapMe! as of November 1999.
- Canadians Call on New Government for National e-learning Policy. // Distance Education Report;2/15/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p2
Reports on Canadian's demand for a coordinated national e-learning policy. Role of "SchoolNet" in bringing internet connectivity to schools; Highlights of the eLearning initiative launched by the World Health Organization (WHO); Focus on WHO's information resources and expertise in health issues.
- Matching entrepreneurs with investors. Blanshan, Kristi // Women in Business;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p9
Introduces the Angel Capital Electronic Network (ACE-Net), an Internet-based service providing angel investors with a listing of developing businesses who is seeking equity financing. Information on how the program works; Statistics on small business owners finding suitable investors.
- Online with the world. // Curriculum Administrator;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p24
Highlights several Internet resources for educators, administrators, and students. Features of Edscape, an Internet resource for educators launched by Simon & Schuster; Featured sections on Teen Traveler site by Delta Air Lines; Site aids in selecting a prospective college designed by Thompson...
- Africa gets wired. Greaves, McLean // Essence (Essence);May97, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p178
Highlights Africa Online, a Kenya-based media company playing a major role in bringing Internet services to Africa. How Africa Online was established; The people behind the business; Plans to set up shops in eight countries providing Internet services and design of World Wide Web sites.
- Free Web access options. Karagiannis, Konstantinos // Poptronics;Jan2000, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p56
Features free Internet service providers, NetZero and AltaVista FreeAccess. Utilization of targeted advertising to ensure that the best penetration per dollar is made into Internet households; Free dial-up access to the World Wide Web; System requirements; Need for users to fill in some...
- Choosing an Internet service provider. Spaeth, Dennis // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Jul99, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p940
Narrate's the author's experience in selecting an Internet service provider (ISP). ISP ratings in the March 1999 issue of `PC World' magazine; Features of and services provided by the ISP selected by the author; ADA Electronic Commerce Co.'s agreement with Netopia Inc. to provide World Wide Web...
- Marco Polo Maps Route to Emerging Market Trading. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;1/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Reports the trading application of the service provider Marco Polo Network in the United States. Operation under the name TradeTraveller; Ownership of the service provider; Citation on various countries included in the trading business.