Connecticut utility scraps cost recovery bid
- Millstone up for sale. // Modern Power Systems;10/01/99, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
Reports on Northeast Utilities Co.'s plan to auction its three-unit Millstone nuclear power plant in Connecticut.
- Contro-rod testing speeds Millstone-2 startup. // Power;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 143 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the application of the CoilCEt control-rod testing software by Northeast Utilities in the restarting preparation of Millstone Unit 2 nuclear plant. Developer and supplier of the software; Benefits of using the software.
- IOU, municipal to pilot methane energy recovery program. Hansen, Teresa // Electric Light & Power;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p21
Reports on the collaboration between the town of Groton in Connecticut and Northeast Utilities to turn a local landfill into a research site for a new energy technology developed in the state. Signing of a memorandum of understanding between the two parties; Testing of fuel cell as an...
- Green power? // New Hampshire Business Review;05/23/97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p13
Reports that the Northeast Utilities (NU) is launching a corporate initiative to strengthen and improves its environmental management program in New Hampshire. Aims of the ISO 14001 standards, guidelines used in improving environmental management system; Four areas of NU's focus for its...
- Northeast Utilities donates 10,000 phase 2 allowances. // Electric Light & Power;May93, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p3
Announces Northeast Utilities Co.'s pledge to donate sulfur-dioxide emissions allowances to the American Lung Association. Clean Air Act of 1990; Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirement for sulfur-dioxide emission reduction.
- NU plan to build power lines on track. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the plan of Northeast Utilities Systems Inc. to build transmission lines across the Long Island Sound connecting to Hempstead, New York. Schedule of the construction project; Details of the layout plan for the existing cables; Purpose of the construction project.
- New chief for NU. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/1/97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p9
Reports on Northeast Utilities' search for a new chief executive after Bernard Fox announced his plans to step down. Role of Fox in the company's acquisition of Public Service of New Hampshire; Near-collapse of Northeast' nuclear operations.
- Hot summer warms utility's sales. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/16/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 33, p11
The article reports on the first increase in sales on a year-over-year basis since 2007 by the Northeast Utilities, owner of the utility providing electric service in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- Businesses not eligible for compensation fund. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/12/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 50, p5
The article reports on the compensation fund of Northeast Utilities Service Co. worth 30 million dollars which is restricted to homeowners affected by power outages in Connecticut.
- PSNH parent to buy NStar for $4.3b. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/22/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p16
The article reports on the announcement of the plan of Northeast Utilities Service Co., the parent company of New Hampshire-based Public Service Electric & Gas Co. Inc., to acquire NStar Electric & Gas Corp., an operator of natural gas and electric systems in New England, in a 4.3 billion...