Los Angeles Transportation Authority considers plans to plug hole in budget
- Los Angeles Transportation Authority approves measures to fill budget gap. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;11/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30273, p7
Reports that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), on November 13, 1997, has voted to adopt measures offered to plug a gap in its $1.1 billion operating budget. Interim chief executive officer Julian Burke's claim that most of the measures could be implemented...
- Feds finally approve funds for Los Angeles rail program. Rosta, Paul // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/20/98, Vol. 241 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the approval of a financial restructuring plan of the county Metropolitan Transportation Authority in Los Angeles, California in July 1998. Amount of the released held-up funds; Completion date of the project; Reason of the United States Federal Transit Administration for rejecting...
- Miami Officials Weigh Options for Closing $100M Gap. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33356, p4
The article reports that city officials in Miami, Florida have sought ways to support the 100 million dollars budget for 2011 following its deficit and difficult union negotiations.
- Hungary's gen govt deficit reaches 84.5% of FYR target. // Regional Today;11/22/2013, p3
The article reports that Hungary's general government deficit, excluding local councils, reached 84.5% of its full-year target at the end of October 2013 or 2.98 billion euros, despite a narrowed deficit for the month of October.
- Half of the island's municipalities in the red. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;8/30/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p34
Reports the budget deficits of municipalities in Puerto Rico. Municipalities with the high per capita expenditures; Inheritance of deficits from former municipal administrations; Consideration of property taxes as primary source of municipal revenue.
- Mayor: Chicago's Deficit Could Hit $800M by 2014. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;8/1/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33557, p7
The article reports on the warning of Chicago, Illinois, Mayor Rahm Emanuel on the 635.7 million dollar budget gap faced by the city in 2012 that could increase in 2014 if Chicago does not take strategies to better match its revenues and spending in 2011.
- Lajas Mayor Irizarry denounces town's $3.5 million deficit. LÓPEZ, ALEXANDER // Caribbean Business;11/22/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p27
The article reports that Lajas, Puerto Rico Mayor-elect Marcos "Turin" Irizarry PagÃ¡n of the Popular Democratic Party (PD) has denounced the $3.5 million municipal deficit left by incumbent Mayor Leovigildo Cotte Torres of the New Progressive Party (NPP).
- Republicans want office savings applied to deficit. Needham, Vicki // Hill;2/2/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p15
The article reports that the 1.4 million dollars money saved by a group of House Republican freshmen from their office budgets in 2011 will be used by the group to funnel the deficit reduction.
- Deloitte's concern over Miami advice. // Accountancy;Nov96, Vol. 118 Issue 1239, p20
The article reports on accounting firm Deloitte & Touche's concern (D&T) about the possible impact of the rumors about the financial health of the city of Miami, Florida. D&T was fired as lead auditor of Miami and has been called in to answer questions about the city's budget. The city declared...