Where will you keep your data?
- SATA Storage Is Coming Your Way. Fishman, Daniel // Database Trends & Applications;Nov2003, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p34
Introduces Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA), a computer interface. Advantages of SATA; Application of the device in the network-attached storage in companies; Test of the device.
- Choosing a ... NAS device. // Computer Shopper;Apr2013, Issue 302, p71
The article presents tips on factors to consider when shopping for a network-attached storage (NAS) device and evaluates several NAS and computer storage devices such as Corsair's Force GS 240GB solid state drive (SSD), Synology's DiskStation DS213+ NAS device, and Western Digital's Caviar Black...
- Short Takes. // Network World;8/25/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p25
Features several computer devices and peripherals. Wireless local area network mini personal computer adapter from International Business Machines Corp.; Network accelerator adapter from Adaptec Inc.; Storage systems for business servers by Gateway Inc.
- The art of storage. Green, Terence // IT Training;Nov2001, p26
The methods to electronically store information are constantly improving and also changing in design. This article gives an in-depth update on the latest ways to manage one's knowledge. Growth in the storage arena continues apace and has moved from being a peripheral requirement for firms to...
- ZyXEL NSA325v2. Hayward, David // Micro Mart;May2014, Issue 1310, p89
The article reviews the NSA325v2 two-bay network-attached storage (NAS) unit from broadband networking firm ZyXEL.
- Virtualizing Storage. Paulsen, Karl // TV Technology;11/3/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p20
The article reports on the virtualization of managing storage devices. It states that virtualization is not new to computing environments because it can be applied to individual data disk drives, clusters, storage area networks (SANS), tape libraries, and computers. It also notes that...
- Making sense of the alphabet soup of server-attached storage. Goodwin, Phil // Storage Magazine;May2014, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p2
The article focuses on the use of networking server-attached storage. It discusses the three pillars of enterprise storage, the addition of new storage technologies, the popularity of storage area network and network attached storage for commercial applications and various server-attached...
- OSD: The Future of Storage. Straub, Joe; Samarra, Kenneth // Information Management Journal;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p44
Object-based storage device (OSD) technology promises to change forever the enterprise architecture world by making upgrades easier and more affordable. INSETS: The ABCs of Storage;Organizations.
- WHY consolidate? Radding, Alan // Storage Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on the issue of consolidating the storage area network (SAN) architecture of business enterprises. Problem with SAN island; Case of multiple SAN; Factors to consider in SAN deployment. INSETS: THE ULTIMATE BENEFIT OF CONSOLIDATION;ISL HEAVEN OR HELL?.