Flow states and the challenge of challenging interactivity
- Sound bites: Interactive media news. // Pro Sound News;Nov95, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p11
Presents news briefs from the interactive media industry. One-day workshop and conference of Third Industry Forum, Forte Crest Bloomsbury Hotel and Berners Hotel; Information on other conferences held; Details on a conference chaired by Eamon Lalor, head of division DG XIII of the European...
- The multimedia atlases face off. // Technology & Learning;Sep97, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p12
Presents the choicest multimedia atlases for the month of September 1997, published in `Technology and Learning.' Names of the atlases; Platforms and unusual system requirements; Features and highlights. INSET: Basic system requirements..
- The interactive future--take two. Krapf, Eric // America's Network;11/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 22, p38
Focuses on the competition among providers in creating and providing interactive content in the United States. Diverging views of providers about entertainment networks; Views on the benefits that can be obtained from interactive movie-on-demand service; Importance of people's familiarity with...
- Rethinking the news story for the Internet: Hyperstory prototypes and a model of the user. Fredin, Eric S. // Journalism & Mass Communication Monographs;Sep1997, Issue 163, p1
Proposes a number of basic forms or formats that hypermedia news stories with internal choices could take. Challenges concerning story forms; Discussion on the hypermedia story formats; Design of the hyperstory prototypes; Emergence of psychological model of the audience member; Significance of...
- Bulletin board. // Advertising Age;8/8/94, Vol. 65 Issue 33, p15
Reports on developments in interactive media as of August 8, 1994. Naming of Michele DiLorenzo as president of Viacom New Media; Eon Corp.'s signing of a letter of intent to develop interactive services with IVD Co.; Naming of Ryan Direct by Southern New England Telephone Co.'s campaign for its...
- Interactive in demand, execs say. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Jan1994, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p44
Reports on the survey conducted by Rand Corp. for Deloitte & Touche about interactive entertainment and information services in the United States. Optimism of the survey; Interactive as get-rich scheme; Creation of trouble for video, print and broadcasters.
- U.S. vendors tapped for U.K. trial. Williamson, John // Telephony;11/28/94, Vol. 227 Issue 22, p12
Focuses on the choice of Great Britain as site for a large-scale interactive multimedia and video-on-demand (VOD) market trial. Use of asymmetrical digital subscriber line over normal telephone lines; Insight into additional services; Speculations.
- Up front. // Inter@ctive Week;03/17/97, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p7
Presents news relevant to interactive multimedia in the United States for the week of March 17, 1997. Includes a class action lawsuit in Los Angeles, California faced by America Online Inc.; Partnership between ESPnet SportsZone and CyberCash Inc. to allow user access to ESPNet's web site;...
- Hot off the presses... // Inter@ctive Week;03/17/97, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p10
Presents news relevant to interactive multimedia in the United States for the week of March 17, 1997. Plans by Comcast Communications Inc. to speed its internet access service business in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Impact on America Online's stock price by its NetFind product.
- Cybermedia. // Inter@ctive Week;03/17/97, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p28
Presents news relevant to interactive multimedia technology in the United States for the week of March 17, 1997. Includes the launching of a video channel called MSNBC by Microsoft Corp. and NBC; Customers signed by Accrue Software; Tripod Inc. as the new customer for the AdManager software of...