- The resource directory. Pastrone, Michael J. // CD-ROM Professional;Jan1995, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p104
Presents a listing of directories that cover broad or particular aspects of the CD-ROM and multimedia industry. Industry growth and directory growth; Directories as industry bibles; General consumer directories; Library/reference directories; Subject specialty directories; Future directories.
- Directory assistance. Abernathy, Donna // Training & Development;Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p60
Presents information on a CD-ROM directory from TFPL Publishing. Used to find out programs available for training topics; Available in book or CD-ROM; What the directory lists; Cost of directory book and CD-ROM directory.
- Vendor directory. // CD-ROM Databases;Nov99, p5
Presents a directory of vendors of CD-ROM databases. H-Bar Enterprises; OneLibrary.com.
- War zone--news from the high-density front. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p15
Presents developments concerning the high-density segment of the CD-ROM industry as of October 1995. Support of the MMCD drive by Western Digital and NEC Home Electronics; Support of Time Warner/Toshiba SD by Sega Enterprises and Akai Electronic Co.; Software Dealers Association's creation of a...
- Market watch. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p18
Presents developments concerning the CD-ROM industry in different parts in the world as of October 1995. Increased publisher revenues for multimedia title sales; Prediction of increased optical disc drive sales; Number of CD-ROM drives shipped in 1994; Software sales in the first quarter of 1995.
- Web surfing in the emperor's new clothes. Guenette, David R. // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on trends in the CD-ROM industry. Technological developments; Connecting on the World Wide Web information retrieval system; Consumer concerns; Notion of surfing.
- Metering, control, and commerce: New efforts toward CD-ROM and online transaction and distribution. Nathans, Stephen // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p18
Reports on developments in the CD-ROM industry, as of April 1996. Product releases; Technological developments; Industry trends.
- People & deals. // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p22
Reports on developments in the CD-ROM industry, as of April 1996. Alliances; Distribution deals; Licenses; Mergers, acquisitions and money matters; Relocations, expansions and name changes; Personnel.
- Facts, figures, & findings. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p30
Presents computer disc read-only memory-(CD-ROM) related news items for October 1996. Includes increase in replication of CD-ROM in North America in 1995; Doubling of price of business Web sites.