- A New Delivery Model for CD-ROM--WIN Combines Cellular with... // CD-ROM Professional;Nov95, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p15
States that when Wave Systems Incorporated rolls out its Wave Interactive Network (WIN), a CD-ROM distribution model will be introduced. What WIN offers; Where WIN will be launched; WIN's president and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Steven Sprague views.
- Why everyone is gone CD-ROM crazy? Padilla, Roberto Rivera // Caribbean Business;3/2/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 9, following p28
Deals with the popularity of CD-ROMs. Similarities of a CD-ROM to a music compact disc (CD); Capacities of CD-ROMs; Abundance of CD-ROM educational programs and computer games; Advice on purchasing software.
- CD-ROM and SCSI: The party's over not over, but... Thompson, Brad // CD-ROM Professional;Dec96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p76
Focuses on the purchasing of compact disc read-only memory (CD-ROM) drive. Information on the Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI); Existence of Integrated Drive Electronics; How to ease connection of devices.
- Planning ahead by thinking backwards. Farmer, Lesley S.J. // Technology Connection;Mar96, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p27
Offers various tips on purchasing of CD-ROMs for education-related purposes. Points to be considered when buying educational CD-ROMs; Sample CD-ROMs; Curriculum-specific titles. INSET: Sample outcome and indicators drawn from Southern Marin...
- The mystery of the $9.99 CD-ROM. Furger, Roberta // PC World;Aug1997, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p33
Presents CD-ROM buying tips. The average cost of the best-selling CD-ROM titles in the spring 1997, according to market researcher PC Data; The author's experience in looking for bargain CDs; The low price games from Electronic Arts and Maxia. INSET: Where to buy..
- Confessions of a CD-ROM bargain hunter. Furger, Roberta; Wood, Christina // PC World;Aug1995, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p218
Discusses bargain hunting for CD-ROMS. CompUSA; Egghead Software; Price Club/Costco; Software Etc.; Walden Software; Walmart. INSETS: Welcome home, by Christina Wood.;Feedback, by Christina Wood..
- Choosing CD-Recordable software. Starrett, Robert // CD-ROM Professional;Sep95, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p111
Focuses on the considerations in choosing CD-Recordable software. CD-Recordable software as mainstream item; Compatibility requirement; Hardware platform, operating system and operating environment; Description of formats supported by CD-Recordable software; Support for recorders. INSET: The...
- CD selection tools for schools and public libraries. Nicholls, Paul // Computers in Libraries;Sep96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p59
Presents a survey of sources for CD-ROM evaluations. `FamilyPC'; `HomePC'; `Children's Software Review'; `Educational Software Report'; `303 CD-ROMs to Use in Your Library: Descriptions, Evaluations, and Practical Advice'; `The Elementary Teachers Sourcebook on Children's Software';...
- Planning for CD-ROM purchases. Graf, Nancy // Technology Connection;Oct95, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p25
Discusses factors to be considered in purchasing CD-ROMs. Includes hardware; Network operating systems; Drive speed.