Sony's 100-disc CD-ROM jukebox with SmartCD Neighborhood
- Smart Storage Announces Name Change from SmartCD to SmartStor. // Information Today;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p57
Reveals that Smart Storage Inc. is changing its product line identity from Smart CD to SmartStor. The reason for the name change; A listing of the SmartStor family of products; Contact information.
- News Briefs. // Information Today;May1994, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p37
The article presents news briefs on multimedia systems. Insync Imaging Inc., a multimedia publishing company based in Houston, Texas, has developed a new CD-ROM software product called Global Monitor: Kazakhastan, that is aimed at assisting U.S. firms interested in business opportunities in the...
- Sony unveils double-speed CD-ROM drive for multimedia. Damore, Kelley // InfoWorld;8/2/93, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p35
Reports on Sony Electronics Inc.'s unveiling of a double-speed compact disc read only memory (CD-ROM) drive that can be used for multimedia applications. CDU-7811; Data transfer and an average access time of 290 milliseconds; Embedded SCSI-2 controller; Backward compatibility with existing...
- 3" electronic books run on CD-ROM drives. // T H E Journal;Sep94, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p26
Reports that Data Discman DD8, a portable Electronic Book disc player, will ship with drivers and a caddie so users can play Electronic Books in most standard CD-ROM drives. Sony Electronics.
- Smart storage releases SMARTCD archive for NetWare. // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on Smart Storage's SMARTCD Archive NLM 1.51 storage filing computer software. Features; Applications; Product support; Price; Contact information.
- Hot PC products. N.K. // Electronic Design;08/03/98, Vol. 46 Issue 18, p48P
Focuses on Anaheim, California-based Smart Storage Inc.'s introduction of its computer software, SmartCD 3.0. Utilization of Universal Disk Format standards to offer packet writing; Chance for users to use compact disc and digital video disc to store and retrieve data; Features and...
- NLM version of SMARTCD Archive available. // CD-ROM Professional;Sep95, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p26
Reports that Smart Storage is shipping the NetWare Loadable Module (NLM) version of its SMARTCD Archive software.
- DVD storage. // EMedia;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p25
Reports that Smart Storage Inc. has released its SmartStor Archive version 3.1 for Microsoft Windows 2000/NT. Features of SmartStor; Capabilities.
- Sony rolls $2,000 CD-R drive. // Electronic News;6/19/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2070, p18
Reports that Sony Electronics Component and Computer Products Group have produced a recordable CD-ROM (CD-R) drive, the Spressa 920, targeted at CD software development and distribution, data archiving and hard drive backup for corporate desktops. Price.