Axis Communications announces plug-and-play server family
- Multiprotocol server boasts easy installation. // PC Week;8/7/95, Vol. 12 Issue 31, pN/18
Features Axis Communications Inc.'s CD ROM Server. Price; Contact information.
- Vinca's StandbyServer 32 ensures server connection. // PC Week;3/13/95, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p45
Reports on Vinca Corp.'s updating of its StandbyServer 32 fault-tolerance product for NetWare servers with AutoSwitch.
- The edge of remote access. Stanczak, Mark // PC Week;10/28/96, Vol. 13 Issue 43, pN1
Evaluates EdgeServer, an interface board that U.S. Robotics Inc. released in 1996. The board as a near-perfect platform on which to build a medium-to-large-scale remote access solution; The features of EdgeServer; Its use of Windows NT as its base operating system; How the product was tested;...
- Intranet-based CD servers adeptly dish out the data. Caton, Michael // PC Week;11/04/96, Vol. 13 Issue 44, pN1
Evaluates two intranet-based CD-ROM servers. The Axis StorPoint CD from Axis Communications Inc.; CD IntraNet from Meridian Data Inc.; How the products were tested; The products' features; Strengths and weaknesses; For whom the servers are recommended; Cost; Company contact points.
- Plextor flexes its server and jukebox muscles. // CD-ROM Professional;Dec96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p20
Introduces the PlexServer II, a Pentium compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) server from Plextor. Configurations which are being featured with the PlexServer; Other announcements from the company.
- Server Sensor: Secure from the inside out. Baltazar, Henry // eWeek;11/27/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p83
Evaluates the Server Sensor computer peripheral from Internet Security Systems Inc. Function combining network- and host-based intrusion detection; Capacity for cutting management costs while increasing uptime.
- Sybase preps beta version of System 10 replication server. Moser, Karen D. // PC Week;6/7/93, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p21
Reports on Sybase Inc.'s Replication Server which will provide synchronization and back up services for multiple databases distributed across computer networks. Working with data stored in Sybase SQL Server, DB2 and Oracle servers; Replication function; Pricing.
- Server expands remote links. Loudermilk, Stephen // PC Week;12/6/93, Vol. 10 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the debut of Telepartner International Inc.'s TeleServer. Features; Pricing; Options; Remarks from industry consultant Dick Boyle; Feedback from analyst Kent Karner.
- Low-cost disaster recovery unveiled. Willett, Shawn // InfoWorld;3/7/94, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p47
Introduces Rememory Corp.'s Archiving SubServer system designed to provide low-cost disaster recovery protection for local area networks (LAN). Features; Data backup; Price; Contact information.