Luminex adds 12X speed to CD-ROM library
- Luminex Announces New Data/Ware CD 4.0. // Computers in Libraries;Apr2002, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p8
Reports that Luminex Software, Inc. has developed and shipped Data/Ware CD 4.0 computer software. Features of the software, including the ability to convert mainframe, data center, and enterprise information onto CD-ROMs; Mention of the Data/Bank Library product, which enables libraries to...
- Luminex, SciNet, and Microtest upgrade CD-ROM network software. // EMedia Professional;May97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p20
Presents various compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) network software upgraded by different CD-ROM network software manufacturers. HFS CD-ROM from Luminex; SciNet CD-Manager version 3.2 from SciNet Incorporated; DiscPort Executive for NT 2.0 from Microtest Incorporated.
- Taming the tornado. Hitchcock, Nancy A. // Color Publishing;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p40
Presents information on the creation of a photograph of a whirling cyclone of images. Who developed photo; Technology used in creation of such photo; Description of development of photo.
- Menu metaphors and why I hate them. Bonime, Andrew // CD-ROM Professional;Apr95, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p60
Focuses on menu metaphors in CD-ROM design. Features of menu metaphors that make them wrong; Why designers reflexively gravitate to the menu metaphor; Ways to avoid it; Checklist for avoiding.
- CD-ROM designers interact with the new frontier. Cashill, Robert // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;Mar95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p48
Focuses on the problems encountered by CD-ROM designers. Copyright issues as a major problem for developers; Rights acquired in using a film clip as part of the CD-ROM; Limitations in the hardware side as the reason for the inadequate technology; Need to satisfy the demand for inventive...
- What's in a CD-ROM drive? Thompson, Brad // CD-ROM Professional;Dec95, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p90
Reports on the design and the technology inside a CD-ROM drive. INSETS: Field notes of a CD-ROM drive dissection.;Directions from the drive designer's chair: New technologies..;New drives directions: Faster and smaller?.;Companies mentioned in this article.
- The evolution of a CD-ROM title. Bonime, Andrew // CD-ROM Professional;Feb96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p62
Focuses on the development a CD-ROM title, evolved by Jonathan Berger and Christian Constantinov. First stage design problems; Emergence of alternative screen designs; Simplifying the design. INSETS: About screen resolutions.;Lockout.;Creating the install..
- CD-ROMs. Donalds, Ariana // Print;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p119
Describes the graphic design created for several CD-ROM packages in 2001. Design created by Charlotte Ripberger for Charlotte Ripberger Design; Graphic art designed by Suvita Charanwong for Chalaham Co. Ltd.
- Philips announces High-Density CD Compromise. // CD-ROM Professional;Nov95, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p15
Reports that Philips Electronics N.V. announced that the SD Alliance has agreed to support a single high-density disc format. Proposed format combination; Vice president of Philips Electronics, Henk Bodt views.