DVD-ROM drive and upgrade kit offerings picking up speed
- DVD-ROM Magazine Debuts. Fitzpatrick, Eileen // Billboard;04/17/99, Vol. 111 Issue 16, p73
Focuses on the DVD-ROM bimonthly magazine called `The VOB,' a new product from DVD4U.com, which previews movies, music and games. The product's full-screen video, full length movie, and 130 Internet links; Distribution of the free disc by Diamond Multimedia and Sigma Design; Description of the...
- Creative files new suit to include ESS, Diamond. // Electronic News;03/23/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2211, p24
Discusses the lawsuit filed by Creative Technology against competitors. ESS Technology and Diamond Multimedia Systems following a patent infringement lawsuit against Aureal Semiconductor. Allegation that ESS' maestro-2 PCI audio device and Diamond's Sonic Impact S70 sound card violated a patent...
- Creative Labs' DVD kit: Second time's a charm. Sengstack, Jeff; Arar, Yardena // PCWorld;Dec1997, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p112
Evaluates Creative Labs' second-generation digital versatile disc (DVD)-read only memory (ROM) drive kit, PC-DVD Encore Dxr2. Pro; Con; Value; Street price; Vendor contact point.
- 64-bit card enhances video. DiCarlo, Lisa // PC Week;3/13/95, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p34
Reports on Diamond Multimedia Inc.'s release of the Stealth 64 Video RAM graphics board for three-dimensional graphics applications. Comments of Kenneth Wirt; Benefits of integrating video for training and reports; Release of a daughter called Motion Video Player.
- Diamond Multimedia in chip, board deals. // Electronic News (10616624);9/4/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2081, p20
Reports that Diamond Multimedia Systems Inc. has chosen two Silicon Valley chip companies to provide the core controller integrated circuits (IC) for a line of graphics and multimedia adapter cards. Other information about Diamond Multimedia.
- No stone unturned. // Electronic News (10616624);9/5/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2030, p4
Reports on graphics accelerator board manufacturer Diamond Computer's pursuit of business opportunities. Original equipment manufacturing revenues as of September 5, 1994; Build-to-order strategies; Renaming.
- Viper line faster and less expensive. // InfoWorld;9/6/93, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p29
Reports Diamond Computer Systems Inc.'s reduction of the prices of its Viper and Stealth Pro series of Windows accelerator cards. Price for Stealth cards; Price for Viper cards; Improved performance of Viper cards by an average of 20 percent.
- Diamond 8X CD-ROM crawls in transfer, zooms in video. Angus, Jeffrey Gordon // InfoWorld;12/25/95 - 1/1/96, Vol. 17 Issue 52/1, p70
Features Diamond Multimedia Systems Inc.'s 8X CD-ROM kit. Installation; Features and functions; Strengths and weaknesses; Price; Contact information.
- Double-barreled data blast. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;11/10/97, Vol. 233 Issue 19, p42
Reports on Diamond Multimedia's introduction of Shotgun, a modem-bonding scheme aimed at the consumer market. Full control of data flow; Compatibility with an Ascend Max wide area network access switch; Features of the modem.