D-Vision and Metro Video Systems offer portable Windows NT
- Finally, a notebook formula. // PC Week;1/30/95, Vol. 12 Issue 4, pA/5
Reports on trends in computer notebooks. Dual-scan passive-matrix displays; Prevalence of monochrome in the low end market; Boost in graphic power in the subdued price class; Dual-scan color in the midrange; Active-matrix color displays.
- Pocket organizers keep you on schedule. Pargh, Andy // Design News;12/5/94, Vol. 50 Issue 23, p144
Focuses on the use of pocket or electronic organizers. Memory; Products in the market; Features; Advantages. INSET: Tech trivia..
- Subnotebook systems minimize trade-offs. Nass, Richard // Electronic Design;8/5/93, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p57
Discusses the trend of size reduction and increased performance in the design of portable computers. Areas of trade-offs for subnotebook and handheld computer designs; Lure of the 3.3-V designs for microprocessors; Hobbit low-power microprocessor; Features of the 100LX palmtop system developed...
- Java just one of many portable app languages. Coffee, Peter // PC Week;1/13/97, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p48
Discusses portable software development. The distinction between running according to specification versus running identically from one platform to another; Prospects for multimedia graphical user interface (GUI) portability; The complexities of portable code; Barriers to portable code,...
- Ready-to-wear PCs. Nadis, Steve; O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Mar97, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p35
Discusses so-called wearable computers, portable computers which can be worn like eyeglasses or clothing. Often strapped to the body and linked in some cases to head-mounted displays. Mobile Assistant II, by Xybernaut; IBM's devices which are implanted in shoes or elsewhere, and allow data...
- Approaching the no-power barrier. Bradley, Jon; Frantz, Gene // Electronic Design;1/9/95, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p107
Focuses on the need for near-zero power dissipation in portable computers. Challenges faced by digital-signal-processor (DSP) manufacturers; Measure of DSP quality in terms of power requirement to execute 1 millions of instructions per second (MIPS); Environmental concerns; Design considerations.
- Power-analysis tools evolve for portables. Chwirka, Steve // Electronic Design;1/9/95, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p113
Reports on the role of future modeling and analysis software in optimizing power systems within portable computers. Needs of power systems which must be addressed by analysis, simulation and modeling software; Use of stress, spectral and sensitivity analysis; Design areas which must be addressed.
- Buyers Guide: Mobile Computing/POC. // Health Management Technology;Jul2011, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p30
A directory of companies and their mobile computing/point of care products is presented including JACO Inc. and TVR Communications.
- The First of Many? // BKSTS Journal;Feb1986, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p88
The article reports the theft of the satellite dish of Metro Video. The equipment was stolen in mid-January 1986 at its premises on Great Suffolk Street in London, England when the company was investigating an false fire alarm. Metro Video believed the crime was done by an expert since the dish...