Zoran receives CSS license for software-only DVD-video
- Audio-video marriage proposals abound. // Electronic News (10616624);11/04/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2141, p2
Reports on processor proposals from the merger of Zoran Corp. and Compcore Multimedia Inc. Terms of agreement.
- Zoran acquiring CompCore for $57M. // Electronic News (10616624);11/04/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2141, p16
Reports on Zoran Crop.'s acquisition of CompCore Multimedia Inc. Terms of agreement.
- Zoran completes CompCore purchase. // Electronic News;1/13/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2150, p18
Reports that Zoran has completed its acquisition of CompCore Multimedia, following a shareholder vote approving the merger.
- Compcore ports MPEG-1 to PowerPC, MIPS. Krause, Reinhardt // Electronic News;11/21/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2041, p62
Reports that Compcore Multimedia Inc. ported its software-based MPEG-1 video compression technology to the PowerPC and MIPS microprocessor architectures. Software running on Motorola and NEC RISC systems.
- ZORAN'S VADDIS V IS SHARP'S NEW DVD RECORDER. // CD Computing News;Apr2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
Presents information on the integration of Zoran Corporation's Vaddis V advanced digital video disc multimedia processor into the recordable/rewritable DVD recorder from Sharp.
- CompCore reports Logician purchase. // Electronic News (10616624);1/23/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2049, p66
Reports on CompCore Multimedia Inc.'s acquisition of Logician Incorporated.
- Hitachi licenses CompCore MPEG-2. Cataldo, Anthony // Electronic News;7/17/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2074, p22
Informs that Hitachi America Ltd. has licensed CompCore Multimedia Inc.'s MPEG-2 technology for use in upcoming standard and custom video decoder products. Comments on the set-top box market; Information about CompCore's video decompression engine.
- Digital video takes center stage. Cataldo, Anthony // Electronic News;2/13/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2052, p66
Reports on the Intermedia '95 show held in San Francisco, California. Digital video's prominence during the show; CompCore Multimedia's introduction of its Softpeg decoder for MPEG-1.
- CompCore debuts Dolby AC-3 core. // Electronic News;04/07/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2162, p28
Reports on the launching of CompCore Multimedia's Dolby Digital AC-3 hardware design core. Zoran's newly unveiled compression and decompression products; Difference between Compcore's core and Zoran's DSP-based AC-3 decoder integrated circuit (IC); Design's support for 5.1 channel Dolby...