DC-ROM networks and the admin factors
- Getting CDs to the desktop. Katz, William F. // PC Week;10/2/95, Vol. 12 Issue 39, pN9
Offers guidelines for installing CD-ROMs in computer networks. Advantages of sever-attached CDs; Stability concerns; Network CD-ROM products from Ornetix Network Products. INSET: Networking CD ROM for the rest of us, by W.F.K..
- Basics for networking CD-ROM. Mitchell, Phyllis R. // Media & Methods;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p74
Presents tips on networking CD-ROM. Advantages in location of available information; Preference for networking CD-ROM by educators; Basic hardware for a MS-DOS compatible networked system; Peripheral devices in a Macintosh platform.
- CD-ROM networking technology: Faster and less expensive... // EMedia Professional;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p22
Presents several networking vendors that plans to enter into compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) networking. Meridian Data Inc.; Microtest Inc.; Axis Communications Inc.; Plextor Corp.; Smart and Friendly Inc.
- What you need to know before networking CD-ROMS. Burke, David // Computers in Libraries;Jun94, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p16
Presents information on the integration of CD-ROMs into a computer network. Network users' demand for CD-ROM access; Amount of work involved in providing network CD-ROM access; Selection of the CD-ROM product; Configuration of the workstation; Creation of the user interface to CD-ROM database...
- CGI-ROM servers on a disc & other Web/CD intersections. Gustavson, Ron // EMedia Professional;Mar1998, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p43
Deals with the types of disc-based interaction that might be possible using Common Gateway Interface Web communication. Embedding a proxy Web server on the disc itself; Explosion of development in the area of Web server/browser interaction; Crux of Web and broadcast convergence. INSET:...
- CD-ROMS. Parmigiani, Rosemary; Whitener, Suzan // Media & Methods;Aug2001, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p32
Presents innovative compact disc read-only memory products. Features of the products; Contact information; Application of the products to teaching and learning.
- Early learning. Pemberton, Heather // Multimedia Schools;May/Jun94, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p50
Presents information on CD-ROMs which relate to early learning for children. Products include `Sound it Out Land,' `Reader Rabbit 1,' and `Wiggins in Storyland'; Features of these CD-ROMs; Cost of these CD-ROMs; Availability of these CD-ROMs.
- CD-ROM titles. // Database;Feb/Mar96, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p86
Presents news briefs on CD-ROm titles. Examination of CD-ROM titles; Description of Environmental Engineering Database; More.
- Disappearing data. Higgins, Michael // ABA Journal;Aug98, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on the workability of high technology computer disks (CD) for use by lawyers, to store information. Problems that lawyers are faced with when CD-ROMs are due to expire; Information on CD-ROM policies; Views of lawyers.