Is web-based training new hype in old wineskins?
- From the desk of Sandra Fry Haskell C.I.S.D, at Rochester--for parents. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);5/3/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p3
The article provides information on links to the assignment website for Spanish, English and Reading, Science, History, Math and Keyboarding Practice, by Sandra Frty of Haskell, Texas.
- Web Site Quality: Do Students Know It When They See It? Small, Ruth V.; Arnone, Marilyn P. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Feb99, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p25
Describes a set of easy-to-use tools that will help students evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of Web sites. Web evaluation criteria; Web evaluation instruments; Application of Web evaluation instruments in instruction.
- TOP SITE. // Computer Bulletin;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p32
Describes the pilot site for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology OpenCourseWare project.
- Students Look to Greece for Lessons on Democracy. // T H E Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p24
Introduces GreeceQuest, an online learning adventure by Classroom Connect. Contents of GreeceQuest; Skills to be developed through the Web site; People involved in delivering the educational materials.
- Hot Websites. Lindroth, Linda // Teaching Pre K-8;Oct2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p14
Presents Web sites containing information about designing class Web pages. cyberbee.com; hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/kids; winslowpress.com.
- CNE INSTRUCTIONS. // Hospital Peer Review;Jul2011, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p84
The article offers instructions for CNE which includes logging onto www.cmecity.com to take a post test, passing the online test with a score of 100%, and submitting the activity evaluation form online.
- Internet resources for educators, administrators, and students. // Curriculum Administrator;Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p27
Presents several Web sites for educators, administrators and students in the United States and its features. Online directory based on Luckman Interactive's books; Online catalog for teacher resource and activity books; Online directory for mathematics educators.
- Web watch: Four history sites. Collins, Graham P. // Physics Today;Jul97, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p58
Presents a list of physics' topics and web sites covered in Web Watch. Life, the universe and the electron; The discovery of electron; Einstein: Image and impact; Contributions of 20th century women to physics; Scope of each topic.
- TECHNOLOGY UPDATE. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Mar2002, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the application of technology on education in the United States. Information on technology grants; Objective of the 10th National Connecting Classrooms, Communities and Careers Conference; Launch of the online face-to-face volunteer programs designed to connect volunteers with...