The CD-ROM drive index
- 40X CD-ROM Drives From Acer and Kenwood. Doering, David // EMedia Professional;Jan1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p58
Features compact disc-read-only memory (CD-ROM) drives from Acer and Kenwood. Performance of the Acer 40x CD-640A CD-ROM drive; Use of the Robust Suspension system for Vibration control; Technology used in the MULTI BEAM 40x PLUS from Kenwood; Application of TrueX, a method for reading CD-ROM.
- LG Electronics Introduces 4X DRD-841B DVD Drive. // EMedia Professional;Jan1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p24
Features 4x DRD-841B digital video disc drive from LG Electronics in the United States. Ability of reading compact disc-read-only memory at speeds up to 32x; Average access time; Burst transfer rate; Front panel controls; Retail price.
- Here's how: Answer line. Spanbauer, Scott // PCWorld;Oct97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p330
Answers questions concerning getting the right video driver and speeding up Windows 95 and 97 start-up and shutdown.
- Plug-and-play optical drive. // Management Services;Jan1994, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p36
Fujitsu Ltd. has introduced an external subsystem version of its 3.5-inch re-writable optical disk drive. This is one of the fastest magneto-optical products around with a spin speed of 3,600 rotations per minute, access time of 30 milliseconds (ms), media data transfer rate of 1.09 mega bytes...
- Plug-N-Play CD-ROM Kit. // Information Today;Apr1992, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p35
The article reports that Multimedia Systems, a division of Hitachi Home Electronics of America Inc. has developed a plug-n-play CD-ROM drive kit that will interconnect a Hitachi drive to the printer port on any IBM compatible notebook or laptop computer. The CDR-1750SPT package comes complete...
- Best places to find drivers. McCracken, Harry; Spector, Lincoln; Lake, Matt // PCWorld;Apr98, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p112
Provides a listing of the best places to find drivers. Shareware 95; Frank Condron's World O' Windows; Drivers Headquarters; Microsoft Software Library Directory.
- Readers' Helpdesk. // Web User;8/12/2015, Issue 377, p70
The article provides step by step instructions for updating drivers of the microsoft for operating the computer smoothly.
- PCTEL'S LINUX-COMPATIBLE MODEM SELECTED FOR NIC APPLIANCE. // UNIX Update;Aug2000, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p7
No abstract available.
- Drivers, Drivers, Everywhere. Joyce, John // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
Deals with the benefits of using drivers, the hidden programs which handle the work of converting the output of an application. Details on Web sites that post drivers; Information on Driver Guide Web site; Alternatives offered by Driver Guide for those who cannot locate the needed driver.