ACS breaks 4x8 barrier; Sony, olympus, medistore round out
- The family album. Guenette, David R.; Parker, Dana J. // EMedia Professional;Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on importance of compact disc (CD)-related products or the CD family including the digital video disc (DVD) in the computer industry. Information on several members with their specific color code; Creation of the DVD; Forecast on the CD family.
- facts, figures, & findings. Schumacher-Rasmussen, Eric // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p14
Presents updates on the digital media industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Number of manufacturer-to-dealer video products sold in June 2002; Increase in the sales of blank compact disc media during the first five months of 2002; Findings of a study on the significance of digital...
- PC BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/16/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p73
Reports developments in the computer industry as of September 2002. Improvement on the quality of Compaq Presario computers; Plans of Princeton Graphics company to increase the supply of liquid crystal displays monitor; Availability of the CD-Rewritable disc from Verbatim Corp.
- GP Timesaver: Installing Office. Longhorn, Piers // GP: General Practitioner;6/23/2003, p50
A simple and quick way of installing Microsoft Office is to set up an administrative installation point. With the Office CD in the CD drive, click the Start button then Run. When users need to install an Office component they only need to browse to the shared folder and click the Setup program....
- Get a pocket OS. // Australian Personal Computer;Apr2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p13
A mini operating system small enough to carry in ones pocket and run from the same compact disc (CD) has been launched. Bootable operating systems aren't new, but they're taking off with flavours of Linux being created specifically to run from CDs, such as Knoppix and Damn Small Linux. The...
- test bench: SOFTWARE REVIEWS. Moore, Philip // Australian PC User;Feb2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p24
Reviews the computer software NTI CD Maker Platinum 6.5.
- DIRECTORY. // Creative Review;Oct2004, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p75
The article focuses on a directory for a number of companies and organizations. The directory includes the names of contact persons, telephone numbers, E-mail addresses, web-sites and fax numbers for the companies. The various categories of companies which have been included are: 3D animation,...
- Silver. Warne, Dan // Australian Personal Computer;Dec2004, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p139
This article reports on a CD shredder which is capable to destroy the discs. If anybody is paranoid about his identity fraud this gadget will make his day. Yes, it's a CD shredder which grinds one's burned discs into slivers no data recovery expert will ever be able to decipher. Surprisingly,...
- Sony's Baloney. Cringely, Robert X. // InfoWorld;11/28/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p6
The article reflects on issues related to the computer industry in 2005. It reveals that the eXtended Copy Protection copy-protected compact discs of Sony BMG may itself break copyright law by violating an open source code license. It describes a problem experienced by a tech consultant in...