Other high-speed drives move to market
- CD-ROM database update. // CD-ROM Databases;Jan2000, p1
Reports updates on CD-ROM databases in the United States available as of January 2000. Changes and additions to databases; List of CD-ROM titles.
- Company news. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p20
Presents developments concerning the CD-ROM and related industries as of October 1995. Adaptec's acquisition of Future Domain and Incat Systems; Venture between America Online and Hachette Filpacchi Magazines; Merger between Broderbund and Learning Co. through stock swap; Virgin Sound and...
- My life in multimedia: Part II. Freeman, Michael // Photo District News;Oct95, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p50
Part II. Discusses the author's experiences during the start of his multimedia company. Challenges of the multimedia business; Increasing demand for CD-ROMs; Increasing number of CD-ROM titles being published in the United States; Difficulty of marketing CD-ROMs effectively; Steps in marketing...
- Expanding CD-ROM product life and channels: Creating... Kelly, Paul // EMedia Professional;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p62
Provides information on how to extend the product life and channels of compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM). Upgrading of CD-ROM; Example of a software that sustain its sales through add-ons; Key considerations in extending wide variety of titles.
- Crunch time for CD-ROM makers. Greenwald, John; Hamilton, Anita // Time;11/25/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 24, p70
Looks at several mergers of CD-ROM industry companies. Knowledge Adventure's sale to CUC International; The sale of Edmark to IBM; Humongous Entertainment's merger with GT Interactive.
- High-density CD-ROM fight continues, computer companies push for single format. // CD-ROM Professional;Jul95, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the press release issued by five major computer companies to encourage competing high-density CD-ROM camps, Time Warner/Toshiba and Philips/Sony, to meet and adopt a single format. Background on the two formats being offered by the two competing camps; Computer companies' issuance of...
- Panic on the multimedia express. Guenette, David R. // CD-ROM Professional;Aug95, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p12
Discusses the implications of developments in the multimedia industry to the CD-ROM industry. Marketplace attitudes; Media response; Expectations.
- The Five Most Significant CD-ROM Products of the Year. Page, Bruce // Information Today;Dec1988, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p18
This article focuses on the most significant CD-ROM products of 1988. First is the Ziff/Lotus Computer Library which contains the full text of the most recent 12 months of 10 different computer industry magazines. Computer Library was produced under the direction of Seth Alpert and Jonathan...
- Multimedia software a hot holiday seller. Gillen, Marilyn A. // Billboard;1/7/95, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the increase in the demand for personal computers (PC) with CD-Rom drives in 1994. Predictions of International Data Corporation; Demand for multimedia computers; Demand for software publishers.