DVD-RAM `final' announcement reveals fault lines
- Recordable DVD Council Goes on the Offensive at PC Expo. Schumacher-Rasmussen, Eric // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the members of the Recordable DVD Council that attacked the +R/RW format on compatibility issues at the combined PC Expo/DV Expo East show held in 2002 in New York City. Information on the council; Remarks from Andy Parsons, senior vice president of product development and technical...
- DVD production. Roeder, Barb // Broadcast Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p62
Presents information on digital video disc (DVD-video) technology. Applications of DVD-video; Specifications of DVD-video; Digital audio formats included in DVD-Video.
- (dis)LOCATIONS (Book). Flagan, Are // Afterimage;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p16
Reviews the digital video disc-ROM '(dis)Locations,' by Dennis Del Favero, Agnes Hegedus, Ian Howard, Susan Norrie, Jeffrey Shaw and Peter Weibel.
- MPEG-2 and you. Ozer, Jan // EMedia Professional;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p34
Provides information on moving picture expert group (MPEG)-2, a digital video technology. Definition of MPEG-2; Comparison between MPEG-1 and MPEG-2; Use of MPEG-2 in digital video disc (DVD) technology. INSETS: MPEGonomics 101: Why did MPEG-1 fail?.;API issues: Playback flashbacks to...
- DVD magic: Be still my beating art. Gray, Timothy M. // Variety;9/3/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 3, p5
Presents the views of the author regarding digital video disc (DVD). Advantage of DVD over videocassettes.
- Making a good compression. Taylor, Nathan // Australian Personal Computer;Nov2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p134
Provides information on the different digital video formats. Video compact discs (VCD); Digital versatile disk; Digital Video Express. INSET: MPEG compression levels..
- tech notes. Ranada, David // Sound & Vision;Jan2003, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p81
Comments on the quality of digital video discs and other video sources on computer monitor using the video graphics array (VGA) connection. Limitation of its compact disc playback processing; Gaps in frequency settings.
- random play. Sorcher, Jamie; Mettler, Mike; Richardson, Ken; Fenton, Brian C. // Sound & Vision;Jun2001, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p16
Presents digital video-related news briefs in the United States as of June 2001. Advice when adding a digital video disc-Audio player to a home entertainment system; Factors blamed for the slow sales of digital television sets.
- Don't tread on me data. Guenette, David R. // EMedia Professional;May97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p6
Editorial. Reports that Digital Video Disc-Video (DVD-Video) initiatives from the DVD Consortium's Copy Protection Technical Working Group (CPTWG) bodes ill for the personal computer. Reason why DVD-Video initiatives bodes ill on PC; Conflict in designing CSS decryption system into a DVD-Video...