One day of suffering for equities doesn't add up to much
- Exchange Seat Prices Still Bearish. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/18/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 33, p13
Reports on the disappearance of seats of investors in stock exchanges. Loss of value of securities exchanges; Seats sold by the Pacific Stock Exchange.
- Inspirational leadership required. // Finance Week;12/14/2001, p4
Focuses on the influential people in investment. Role in securing protection against weakening investment; Confidence on stocks; Impact of leadership on economic development.
- Bad 2001 results make investors wary. Wylot, Robert // Warsaw Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p19
Reports the causes of the stock exchange decline in Warsaw, Poland. Effects of the prevalence of wait-and-see attitude among investors; Description of the fourth quarter financial result; Vulnerability of publicly traded companies on economic downturn.
- Five steps to mastering market turbulence. Hyatt, Craig // Inside Tucson Business;07/31/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p7
Provides steps to make short-term volatility in the stock market less intimidating for investors. Adjustment of expectations; Diversification of portfolio; Rebalancing of assets.
- Investors see boom in European stocks. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;5/4/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the move made by the global investors to the bull market in Europe. Comments from chief investment officer of Mastholm Asset Management in Bellevue, Washington, Ted Tyson; Examination of the 1998 European market gains; Details on corporate earnings projections; Information on the...
- Study suggests some investors are superior. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/31/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 16, pB10
Reports on the findings of a study on stock market investors in the U.S. Earnings of investors; Losses of investors; Types of stock market investors.
- The causes and consequences of a poor-performing emerging stock market in sub-Saharan Africa: The case of the Ghana Stock Exchange. Owusu-Frimpong, Nana // Journal of Financial Services Marketing;Dec2001, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p122
Examines the causes underlying the poor performance of the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE). Strategic position of the GSE; Attitude of investors towards the GSE and its slow expansion; Benefits from a stock exchange market.
- Regional Stock Markets. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Sep2002, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p11
Presents graphs on equity markets in Southern Africa. Influence of investor concerns on equity markets; Factor contributing to the fall of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange; Data on the Zimbabwe Industrial Index.
- S&P common stock rankings: A viable guide for investors? Clayton, Gary E. // International Advances in Economic Research;Nov96, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p497
Examines the usefulness of Standard & Poor's (S&P) common stock rankings as a guide for investors. How to determine the annual percentage change; Findings of the 10-year study.
- How to Survive the Coming Fire Sale in Corporate Equities. Pincus, Theodore H. // Management Review;Nov76, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on the future of the corporate equity market and the related role of corporate investor relations. Inequality stemming from corporate initiative; Difference in the degree of thought and strategy behind the funding; Need for systematic risk reduction for investors; Vulnerability of...