FERC gives California deregulation plan its OK
- Free Market Shock. Goozner, Merrill // American Prospect;8/27/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p27
Focuses on an energy crisis in California. Demand of Democratic Governor Gray Davis for a rebate; Discussion on electricity deregulation; Actions taken by the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on deregulation issues.
- The lines of power are changing. // Engineered Systems;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p40
Reports on the adoption of the United States Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's (FERC) historic policy designed to further competition i n the electric industry and bring lower prices to electricity utility consumers. FERC objectives in creating the policy; Workshops conducted by the FERC...
- FED ROLE LIMITED BY STATE CHOICES. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/04/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 22, p14
Focuses on the deregulation of the electricity industry in the United States. Role of the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on the deregulation problem; Standardization of interconnection procedures; Creation of transmission of interstate gas pipelines.
- Electricity deregulation generates bright cost-cutting ideas for hospitals. Levenson, Deborah // AHA News;06/21/99, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p5
Features the plans to discuss electricity deregulation during the 1999 meeting of the American Hospital Association's (AHA) American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE). Details on the 1992 law and order by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in the United States; Percentage of...
- Purchasers Charged with Data Harness the Electricity Market. Frisch, Katherine K.; Michels, Linda // Government Procurement;Feb2001, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the benefits of a deregulated electricity market in the United States. Access to the transmission systems of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission-regulated utilities; Definition of electrical terms; Percentage of cost per line for energy expenditure.
- Deregulation is not all fun and games. Prepare accordingly. ZISK, JORDAN // Engineered Systems;Oct98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p34
Discusses several problems associated with the United States Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's energy deregulation program. Provisions in the Campaign for Fair Electric Rates that provide unfair advantages to existing electric utilities in Massachusetts; Movement for an end to stranded...
- Johnston praises FERC on utility deregulation. // Coal Age;Sep96, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p21
Reports that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) was praised for its utility deregulation work, by Senator J. Bennett Johnston (D-La.), ranking minority member of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. Issues discussed by Johnston at a meeting of the National Energy...
- Washington report. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Sep94, Vol. 208 Issue 9, p5
Highlights matters of regulatory interest in the electric industries in the United States as of September 1994. Maine Public Service Co.'s plans to increase revenue; AES Power Inc.'s request of a non-firm transmission service from Tennessee Valley Authority; Comments on the Exempt wholesale...
- The short circuit in electric utility shares. Dravo, Ed // FW;6/6/95, Vol. 164 Issue 13, p86
Focuses on the economic problems faced by electric industries in the United States. Attractiveness of utility stocks; Impact of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's Postage Act; Producers' efforts on the repeal of the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935.