N.Y.C. has Germans and Japanese lining up for
- Banks Agree to Freeze Chandra Asri Debts. Mollett, Andrew // Chemical Week;9/9/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 33, p16
Focuses on the three-year delay of loan repayments to Japanese investors agreed by Japanese banks. Principal of the loan project's capital; Details on the mode of payment proposed by the banks.
- Exchange Seat Prices Still Bearish. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/18/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 33, p13
Reports on the disappearance of seats of investors in stock exchanges. Loss of value of securities exchanges; Seats sold by the Pacific Stock Exchange.
- Inspirational leadership required. // Finance Week;12/14/2001, p4
Focuses on the influential people in investment. Role in securing protection against weakening investment; Confidence on stocks; Impact of leadership on economic development.
- Shelter in the storm. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;07/05/02, p17
Focuses on the impact of equity markets and SA market among investors. Consideration on listed property; Assessment on international property markets; Expectation of recovery in the global economy.
- Must the rich eat cake? Sergeant, Barry // Finance Week;7/19/2002, p31
Reports on the loss experienced by the rich investors on plunging markets in 2001, according to a research report by Boston Consulting Group. Amount lost by the investors in the U.S. markets; Impact of the decline in net wealth on the stock markets.
- Bad 2001 results make investors wary. Wylot, Robert // Warsaw Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p19
Reports the causes of the stock exchange decline in Warsaw, Poland. Effects of the prevalence of wait-and-see attitude among investors; Description of the fourth quarter financial result; Vulnerability of publicly traded companies on economic downturn.
- Five steps to mastering market turbulence. Hyatt, Craig // Inside Tucson Business;07/31/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p7
Provides steps to make short-term volatility in the stock market less intimidating for investors. Adjustment of expectations; Diversification of portfolio; Rebalancing of assets.
- Investors see boom in European stocks. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;5/4/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the move made by the global investors to the bull market in Europe. Comments from chief investment officer of Mastholm Asset Management in Bellevue, Washington, Ted Tyson; Examination of the 1998 European market gains; Details on corporate earnings projections; Information on the...
- Study suggests some investors are superior. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/31/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 16, pB10
Reports on the findings of a study on stock market investors in the U.S. Earnings of investors; Losses of investors; Types of stock market investors.
- The causes and consequences of a poor-performing emerging stock market in sub-Saharan Africa: The case of the Ghana Stock Exchange. Owusu-Frimpong, Nana // Journal of Financial Services Marketing;Dec2001, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p122
Examines the causes underlying the poor performance of the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE). Strategic position of the GSE; Attitude of investors towards the GSE and its slow expansion; Benefits from a stock exchange market.