Treasuries rally off of stock weakness
- The S&P Downgrade Myth. BAKER, DEAN // Progressive Populist;9/15/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p11
The author ponders on the decline in the performance of the stock market in the U.S. in September 2011 following the decision made by Standard & Poor's (S&P) to downgrade government debt.
- The silver lining for equity release sector. // Mortgage Strategy;8/22/2011, p15
The article focuses on the sovereign debt crisis and the subsequent turmoil and their impact on stock markets around the world.
- Stock Watch. // Resource Recycling;Nov2011, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on trends in the stock market worldwide, which states that the European debt crisis is pulling down the recovering economy of the U.S. and that unemployment rate remained high.
- MARKET MOVERS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/10/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 29, p1
Presents global news briefs on the stock market as of November 2003. Sovereign debt in the emerging markets; Recovery of the U.S. dollar; Information on the revised bids for Turkish tobacco giant Tekel.
- Without a cure, disease will spread. CLARK, ANDREW // Fund Strategy;11/28/2011, p17
The article focuses on the possible impact of the sovereign debt crisis of Greece as of November 2011. It makes reference to the Thomson Reuters Indices to analyze the contagion that as a consequence of this debt crisis to peripheral countries in the eurozone. It discusses the effects on...
- THE IMPACT OF SOVEREIGN CREDIT RATING CHANGES ON THE STOCK MARKETS IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE. Klimaviciene, Asta; Pilinkus, Donatas // Transformation in Business & Economics;Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p87
This paper examines the price impact of sovereign credit rating change for one Central and Eastern European (CEE) country on the stock exchanges of other CEE countries. The sample includes eight CEE countries, which joined the European Union in May 2004. Data covers the period from May 2004 to...
- Paris III effect yet to take hold. Pepper, Tom // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/16/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p35
The article reports that the impact of the Paris II conference on the Beirut Stock Exchange (BSE) in Lebanon will not yet take hold because of political crisis in the country. The government secured up to $7,600 million from international donors, which was viewed as a vote of confidence in its...
- Ireland, Shenzhen End Q3 With Solid Gains For Year. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;10/1/2015, pB10
The article reports on the performance of several stock exchanges worldwide as of October 1, 2015 which have been affected by various factors including Greece's debt crisis, highlighting Ireland and Shenzhen, China that posted solid gains.
- The long road back. Kohler, Alan // Money (14446219);Jul2009, Issue 114, p80
The article presents a forecast on the performance of stock markets, as of July 2009. The author expects years of uncertainty, with governments still building debt with recessionary deficits as they provided fiscal and monetary assistance after the September to October 2008 meltdown of financial...