Potential MBIA, CapMac merger could indirectly alter Muni
- MBIA, CapMAC complete their merger. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p27
Reports that MBIA Inc. and CapMAC Holdings Inc. have merged. Value of the stock transaction; Terms of agreement; Integration of CapMAC activities into MBIA's existing finance business; Management; Reaffirmation of triple-A ratings on MBIA's claims-paying abilities.
- Presence of rivals in MBIA acquisition of CapMac puts focus on overseas. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;12/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30293, p32
Focuses on the pending acquisition of CapMAC Holdings Incorporated by MBIA Incorporated. Description of the filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission; Circumstances surrounding the acquisition. INSET: Evolution of an acquisition.
- MBIA, CapMAC discuss possible merger. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p3
Presents information on mergers in the insurance industry, highlighting the possibility of a merger between MBIA Incorporated and CapMAC Holdings Incorporated. Background information on the two companies; Financial information on the companies; Comments from Richard P. Smith, Standard and...
- Market means time is ripe for CBOs. Dumiak, Michael // High Yield Report;01/12/98, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
States that CapMAC Holdings and Credit Suisse First Boston are merging on a $330 million CBO using CSFB's pioneering HYPPO (high yield participation preferred obligation) structure while seeking to take advantage of market conditions for collaterized bond obligations. Further information on...
- Asian turmoil prompts MBIA, CapMac to revise merger pact, stock buyout. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p40
Reports on the revision of the terms of the merger agreement between MBIA Inc. and CapMac Holdings Inc. Standard & Poor's downgrading of the claims-paying and issuer credit ratings for Asian Securitization and Infrastructure Assurance Ltd. partially owned by CapMac Holdings; Reasons why the...
- CapMAC's income shows 14% decline. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;03/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30344, p31
Reports on the financial performance of CapMAC Holdings Inc. for 1997. Net income; Fourth-quarter results; Factors contributing to CapMAC's decline in income.
- CapMAC Holdings (KAP). Hogue, Robert D. // Insurance Advocate;10/05/96, Vol. 107 Issue 39, p33
Features CapMAC holdings, a leading insurer of asset backed obligations in both the domestic and international capital markets. Company history; Financial issues and revenues; Management schemes.
- MBIA merges with Pennsylvania's 1838. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;06/23/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30420, p39
Focuses on MBIA Inc.'s merger with Pennsylvania-based firm, 1838 Investment Advisors. Creation of a holding company with $21 billion in assets under management; Move aimed at strengthening MBIA's first place position as money manager among bond issuers.
- BNY Mellon to acquire US fixed income house. Macdonald, Sam // Fundweb;10/6/2014, p1
The article offers information on the acquisition of the U.S. fixed income house Cutwater Asset Management by banking and financial services company, Bank of New York Mellon Corp. It mentions that Cutwater is a wholly owned subsidiary of MBIA, a financial services holding company, known for...