From the TM3 wire
- Sun sets on Goldsmith's political career. Novak, Robert D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/01/97, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p4B
Opinion. Examines the political career of Indianapolis, Indiana Mayor Stephen Goldsmith. Contributions of Goldsmith in preventing the implementation of high taxes in the area; Views on Republican problems nationally.
- The myth of the supermayor. Grunwald, Michael // American Prospect;Sep/Oct98, Issue 40, p20
Presents information on Stephen Goldsmith, mayor of Indianapolis, Indiana. Reference to the 1995 Public Official of the Year award which Goldsmith received from `Governing' magazine; Information on the popularity of Indianapolis; Comments by Margaret Goldsmith, supervisor of the city's trauncy...
- NYC deputy mayorâ€™s high-water mark. SMERD, JEREMY // Crain's New York Business;5/30/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p0002
The article offers information on the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) of New York City, headed by Caswell Holloway. It states that the DEP is considered as a showcase of the future operation of the city by Deputy Mayor for operation Stephen Goldsmith. It states that the success of...
- Nominations Submitted to the Senate. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/26/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 51, p1914
The article presents a list of nominations for government offices, submitted to the U.S. Senate on December 20 and 21, 2005. These include the nominations of James I. Finley as Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Technology, Sharee M. Freeman as director of the Community...
- Electronic Empowerment. // Government Executive;May2000, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p87
Focuses on the impact of the Internet on the relationship between citizens and the government according to former Indianapolis Mayor Stephen Goldsmith. Need for the government to consider its outdated structure; Strategies for using the medium in rendering more effective government service.
- GOP Hoosier Mayor Improves Urban Life. Lehrer, Eli; Kozak, Rick // Insight on the News;12/28/98, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p21
Interviews Stephen Goldsmith, mayor of Indianapolis, Indiana. Goldsmith's view on Republican and Democratic mayors; His explanation about the difference between privatizing and marketing services; His views on the importance of cities. INSET: Personal bio.
- Privatizing lifts profile of city pol. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;2/5/96, Vol. 88 Issue 48, p1
Reflects on a plan for the privatization of some of Indiana's public services by Republican Mayor Stephen Goldsmith. Goldsmith's impending announcement of his candidacy for governor of Indiana; Statement by Bill Reinhardt of Public Works Financing; Significance of Goldsmith's candidacy on the...
- Mayors might be tested on their bold ideas. Howey, Brian // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/21/95, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p8B
Focuses on Indianapolis Mayor Stephen Goldsmith and South Bend Mayor Joe Kernan and their chances in the 1996 Indiana gubernatorial race. Criticisms on the American Trans Air (ATA) deal; Controversy over College Football Hall of Fame.
- The prince of privatization. Beck, Bill // Indiana Business Magazine;Apr95, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p61
Focuses on Indianapolis, Indiana Mayor Stephen Goldsmith's privatization initiative that promises to transform city government in Indianapolis. National policymakers and other city government officials' interest in Goldsmith's privatization efforts; Goldsmith's views on privatization; Career...