Treasuries creep, municipals crawl, see modest gains
- New supply moves, secondary prices lag. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;11/25/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30280, p40
Reports that secondary municipal bond prices have lagged behind the surging Treasury government securities market in the United States during trading in the third week of November 1997. Market absorption of $6 billion in new-issuance; Bid-wanted lists; Declining municipal-to-Treasury ratios; Yields.
- Secondary Edges Up; Spreads Tighten in Primary. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32343, p2
The article reports on the slight increase in municipal bond prices in the secondary market on March 20, 2006 due to modest gains in Treasuries. Treasury prices inched higher with the production on the ten-year note decline as the market rebounded from minor losses. The performance of the...
- Loaded Primary, Rate Uncertainty Slowing Secondary Activity. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32736, p6
The article reports on the municipal bond market deals and performance in the U.S. in October 2007. It has been commented that a big amount of primary market supply and an uncertain interest rate have slowed secondary market activity. For instance, California sold $2.5 billion general obligation...
- Munis Finish Little Changed Amid Lower Treasuries, Looming Supply. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32182, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the United States changed yesterday on July 24, 2005. Lack of market-moving events; Mixed signals from Treasuries throughout the day; Effect of looming supply on secondary market activity; Comments of some New York traders.
- Market Post: Status Quo. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;9/5/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33776, p1
The article presents information on the weak municipal bond market due to which traders had to struggle to get back to work after a three-day weekend in the U.S. It informs that the secondary market had to struggle as the companies did not come to buy bonds. The market strengthened in the...
- Market Post: Munis Fade with Treasuries in Light Trading. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;11/13/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34011, p1
The article offers information related to condition of municipal bond market on November 12, 2013, which has been traded a few basis points weaker as the secondary market faded and market participants prepared for pricings of new deals.
- Outflows from Muni Bond Funds Increase to $738M. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;11/12/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34010, p1
The article focuses on the Lipper FMI data which reveals that weekly reporting municipal bond funds recorded outflows of 738 million U.S. dollars on November 6, 2013. Outflows increased when investors pulled 503 million U.S. dollars from the market and investor demand improved. Municipal bond...
- Munis Mixed, With Heavy Primary As Secondary Feels the Pressure. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p2
Reports on the closure of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Aggressive bids by the heavy primary; Effect of weaker treasuries and sizeable bid-wanted lists on the secondary market; Reason for the inability of the market to digest all of the bonds put out for bid.
- Market Post: Traders Eye Abandoned Secondary as Primary Steals Focus. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;11/21/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34016, p1
The article reports that the U.S. municipal bond market has reported gains for a fifth session as of November 13, 2013 even as U.S. Treasury prices drifted lower as trading in the secondary market picked up in volume. According to the traders, much of the market was focused on primary deals...