Virgin Islands agency seeks RFPs for deal
- Trio of Insurers Shares Backing On $268M Virgin Island Deal. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;12/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31790, p1
Focuses on the sale of a deal by Virgin Islands Public Finance Authority backed by three insurers with three separate ratings. Worth of the deal; Name of the three insurers; Range of credit ratings.
- Three Guarantors Split Duties for $268M Virgin Islands Deal. // Bond Buyer;12/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31790, p6
Reports on the deal backed by three guarantors of Virgin Islands Public Finance Authority. Worth of the deal; Name of the three guarantors; Exemption of the deal from federal and state taxes.
- RISK SUMMARY: US VIRGIN ISLANDS. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p12
The article presents an outlook on the economic and political sectors of the U.S. Virgin Islands. The plan to issue 250 million U.S. dollars in bonds to cover the 2010 budget deficit of the government has been approved by the Public Finance Authority. The economic prospects of the Virgin Islands...
- U.S. Virgin Islands OKs $105M of Debt for Rum-Maker. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/29/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33208, p4
The article reports on the commendation on the 105 million dollars of rum-tax bonds for rum-maker Cruzan Viril Ltd. in Virgin Islands of the U.S. The territory's legislature has approved the bonds to update the company's facilities, wherein the company agreed to continue producing its rum in the...
- Atlanta Mayor: Bonds a Go. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p1
Reports on the plans of Atlanta's mayor, Shirley Franklin, to deal with bond-funded projects following improvements in the city's economic conditions. Projects that will be undertaken by the city; Need for renovation of the city; Ratings of the city by ratings agency in terms of its economic...
- Oklahoma County Refunding Raises Eyebrows Over Fees. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p1
Reports on a controversy related to multimillion refunding deal in Canadian County, Oklahoma. Comments of the financial advisor on the controversy; Negotiated deal overcame by the county in December 2002; Overview of the competitive and negotiated bond sales for the county.
- Refunding on Mt. Sinai Missed Payments Trigger New Chicago Hospital Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p1
Reports on the refunding of $107 million of Federal Housing Administration-backed bonds sold in 1996 by the hospital Sinai Health System in Chicago, Illinois, as of September 10, 2003. Reason behind the refunding; Effect of this refunding on bondholders; Benefits to the hospital in terms of...
- Chicago Council OKs O'Hare Refunding. // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p3
Reports on the approval of the Chicago City Council to the third-lien general airport revenue refunding bond issue for O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Rate of expected bonds to carry triple-A insurance; Mechanism to restructure its outstanding O'hare debt; Provision of...
- N.J. County Authority Seeks to Refinance Solid-Waste Bonds. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p36
Reports on the plan of Passaic County Utilities Authority to refinance its solid-waste bonds in Passaic, New Jersey. 2001 debt service payments of the authority; Extension of the bonds; Structure of the bonds issued.