UBS learns a law of public finance: Ideals affect deals
- Nation speculation. // Business Credit;Jan1994, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p46
Announces the creation of a system of measuring the future competitiveness of economies based on education, investment in physical capital and research by the Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS). First index results.
- UBS names Sigg global management chief. // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p16
Announces the appointment of Daniel H. Sigg as head of the global institutional asset management, by Union Bank of Switzerland. Career history of Sigg.
- Switzerland's union bank reviews local office sites. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/3/94, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the search of Union Bank of Switzerland for office spaces in Westchester County, New York. Touring of representatives of Union Bank; Union Bank as the largest bank in Switzerland; Approval of the Connecticut state legislature.
- UBS anchors its strategy in U.S. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;3/22/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 55, p5
Reports on the move of the Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS) to integrate its United States activities into a single, globally driven operation. Aim of the integration; Significance of the U.S. in the global market; Breakdown of UBS assets; Categories of the activities of UBS in the U.S.; Ratings...
- It's business as usual, his way. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;12/22/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p1
Comments on the running of the Union Bank of Switzerland Asset Management by Gary P. Brinson. Speculation on the integration of UBS units with Swiss Bank Corporation Brinson; Indication that New York Incorporated UBS will be absorbed by Brinson; Comments from Brinson.
- Union of Switzerland earnings jump 89... // American Banker;8/16/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 156, p22
Reports on the increase in net profit of Union Bank of Switzerland for the first half of 1993 compared with the corresponding period in 1992. Cash flow; Assets; Amount of provisions, value adjustments and depreciation.
- Shakeup at N.Y. unit of Switzerland's UnionBank. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;10/17/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 200, p11
Reports on executive changes at Union Bank of Switzerland's asset management division in New York. Jim McCaughan as president; George Jamgochian as marketing director.
- UBS leads credit for morgan venture. Siegel, David // American Banker;3/7/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 44, p24
Reports on Union Bank of Switzerland's leading a $150 million credit for the Argo Partnership, a fund that invests in distressed real estate. Terms; Three-year maturity.
- UBS is putting its stamp on gold bars. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;10/17/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 200, p11
Reports on Union Bank of Switzerland's offer of gold bars to its customers in the United States. Use of kinegrams to identify pure gold bars.