- ON THE TAX STRUCTURE OF INTEREST RATES. Pye, Gordon // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov69, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p562
This paper analyzes the effects of tax-exempt coupons and capital gains on bond yields. The tax system is taken as given and approximately like the federal tax existing in the U.S. as of November 1969. Of particular interest are answers to such questions as the following. Under what conditions,...
- Taxable sales rise in May. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/1/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 31, pP13
The article reports the increase in taxable sales in the state of Nevada which reached 3.36 billion dollars in May 2011 according to the state Department of Taxation.
- WISCONSIN. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;Mar2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Presents news briefs on Wisconsin as of March 2003. Gains in the rate of tax increases; Snow level in the 2002-03 season through January.
- Can high personal tax rates encourage entrpreneurial activity? Gordon, Roger H. // IMF Staff Papers;Mar98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p49
Investigates over whether high personal tax rates encourage entrepreneurial activity. Methodology used in the investigation process; Reference made to exiting income tax systems; Implications of the results.
- Budget plan would suspend tax rollback. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p21
Reports the suspension of the government budget balancing plan in Michigan. Reduction of business tax rate; Plan on the increase of cigarette tax; Inclusion of art organizations and communities on the budget suspension.
- GOP goal: Getting California back on course. Baldwin, Steve // San Diego Business Journal;2/19/96, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p43
Opinion. Comments on the GOP's efforts to get California back on track through a bill that would lower California's corporate tax rate. What happened since they took control; What critics say; Other reform measures that would help the county and the city governments and businesses;...
- Revenue-stabilizing tax rates over the business cycle... Enomoto, Carl E.; Erickson, Christopher A. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Summer92, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p84
Presents a study to formulate a model of private and government sector behavior to derive a time path for tax rates. The theoretical model to determine the effect of alternate tax policies; Data and results of the study; Summary and conclusions.
- Tax season is upon us. Reynolds, Brian M. // National Public Accountant;Feb96, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p10
Presents the National Society of Public Accountants' (NSPA) tax rate schedule for individuals and corporations. Use of schedule for estimation of clients' tax liabilities.
- Tarrant County City-by-City Tax Rate Guide. // Business Press;03/05/99, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p14A
Features the 1998 tax rate guide for Tarrant County, Texas. Tax rates for city, school and special districts.