Concern arises about specifics of end to private-activity cap
- Chicago Jewish Federation Sets $41.8M Tax-Exempt Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31424, p28
Reports on the deal for tax-exempt variable-rate debt by the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago. Roles of Illinois Development Fiance Authority and J.P. Morgan Security Inc. on the selling; Recipients of the bond proceeds; Impact of the deal on the Jewish community.
- Nonprofits Discuss Tax-Exempt Bonds' Challenges & Opportunities. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31012, p32
Focuses on issues relevant to nonprofit organizations' use of tax-exempt bonds in the United States addressed at a nonprofits' conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Examples of nonprofits which have reaped earnings from tax-exempt bond issues; Difficulties predicted on using tax-exempt bonds to...
- The Secret to Financing Your Capital Project. Carlucci, Joseph P.; Schneider, Robert C. // Nonprofit World;May/Jun2007, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p16
The article offers insights on how an organization can finance its capital project. It presents cases in which the secret of financing is the use of low-cost, often tax-exempt bonds issued by state, country or city economic. One example of the benefits of valuable tax-free bonds to nonprofits...
- Assisted-living facility earns IDA help. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;1/28/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the recently approved revenue bonds by the Yonkers Industrial Development Agency (IDA) in New York for The Center for Family Support, a nonprofit human services agency. The Center will purchase and renovate a property at Winans Drive to build a residence for six adults...
- Tax-Exempt Bonds Face Real Threat, Tax Panelists Agree. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;9/25/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33787, p5
The article presents information regarding the Tax-exempt bonds that are facing threats from tax reform. According to John Buckley, former chief democratic tax counsel of House ways and means committee, the reason behind the problem is the portrayal of increasing tax on upper income taxpayers...
- Tax exemptions to nonprofits in Maine argued. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/16/96, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p26
Reports on a lawsuit challenging a Maine law that denies tax exemptions to non-profit groups that mainly serve out-of-state residents. Violation of the commerce clause; Denial of appeals related to education.
- Should The Scope Of Business Activities By Tax-Exempt Organizations Be Substantially Curtailed? CON. // Congressional Digest;May69, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p139
Presents a statement by the James Irvine Foundation, submitted to the U.S. House Committee on Ways and Means, in the course of hearings against curtailing business activities of tax-exempt non-profit organizations.
- FORM: Form 3500A, CA Submission of Exemption Request. // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;Apr2013, pF1
A form showing the Form 3500A, CA Submission of Exemption Request for a nonprofit organization is presented which appears in the book "How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California." The required information includes the name of the organization and its address.
- FORM: Intermediate Sanctions (IRC 4958) Update. Brauer, Lawrence M.; Henzke, Leonard J. // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;Apr2013, pF9
A summary is presented of the main changes in the final regulations under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 4958, related to the tax-exempt organizations in the U.S.