Resources in brief
- A new hi-tech generation of textbooks. // NEA Today;May97, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p17
Introduces textbook on CD-ROM (compact-disc read-only-memory). How some people call these discs; Story on growth of the CD-ROM use; How a CD-ROM work; Advantage of using this technology; Explanation of Linda Dierstin, president of the State Textbook Directors Association, on trend in CD-ROM use.
- IN BRIEF. // Health Facilities Management;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p4
No abstract available.
- Words to the whys. Burr, Ty // Entertainment Weekly;12/23/94, Issue 254, p69
Reviews the guide books on interactive technology which try to explain CD-ROMs and the Internet. `The Whole Internet,' by Ed Krol; `The Internet Unleashed'; `How the Internet Works,' by Joshua Eddings; `How to Use the Internet,' by Mark Butler; `Planet Internet,' by Steve Rimmer; `The Multimedia...
- Publisher puts CD tips on disc. Calvacca, Lorraine // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/94, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p25
Profiles Nowmedia 1, a CD-ROM developed jointly by Penton Publishing, Marks Communications and SuperMac Interactive Systems. Content of `crash course' aimed at creating CD-ROMs; Recommendations and criticisms from leading publishing executives.
- Try free demo of ternary phase diagrams on CD via ASM website. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Nov97, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p114
Announces a free demonstration of the `Handbook of Ternary Alloy Phase Diagrams CD-ROM.' Website where the free demonstration may be viewed; Features of the CD-ROM; Its contents.
- NIST Stats Handbook Now on CD-ROM. // Quality Progress;Nov2003, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p19
Reports on a handbook of statistical methods released by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology. Overview of topics covered in the handbook; Assessment of availability of the CD-ROM version of the book.
- TMC's RP manual now on CD-ROM. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2006, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p22
Deals with the CD-ROM version of the "2006-07 Recommended Practice Manual" from the Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC). Cost of the CD-ROM for TMC members and non-members.
- Comprehensive Coding Resource Features New Section on Fraud and Abuse. // American Chiropractor;Dec2005, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p62
The article reports that the American Chiropractic Association is now accepting orders for the 2006 edition of its Chiropractic Coding Solutions Manual. The manual is the comprehensive coding publication written exclusively for doctors of chiropractic by doctors of chiropractic. The manual also...
- Search every word, phrase in ASM Handbook on CD-ROM. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jul97, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p62
Looks at the `Metals Properties and Performance Collection,' the first subset collection of American Society for Metals (ASM) Handbook on compact disc-read-only memory (CD-ROM). Features of several volumes of `Metal Properties and Performance Collection;' Prices for the collection on CD-ROM.