Packet writing: I am a convert
- Writing pocket in the real world. Starrett, Robert A. // EMedia Professional;May97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p40
Discusses the debut of packet writing in Compact Disc-Recordable (CD-R) technology. Drive-letter access-based packet writing; Various releases of packet writing tools from different manufacturers; Packet writing back-up tolls of CD-R. INSETS: Packing packet writing: Packet-capable premastering...
- Mission POSsible: Packet over Sonet. Shariff, Michael // Telephony;05/04/98, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p54
Explains the packet over Sonet approach of integrating voice and data traffic on very high-speed multiservice networks. Placing of Internet Protocol directly above the Sonet layer; Advantages; Comparison of Sonet architecture with traditional asynchronous transfer mode; Packet over Sonet...
- VERIZON/NORTEL PLAN 1XEV-DO FIELD TRIAL. // Tele-Service News;May2002, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the plan of Verizon Wireless and Nortel Networks to conduct trials of a wireless packet data system technology.
- Calling ahead. Fried, Ian // Orange County Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p26
Discusses the prospects of packet-based technology, or telephony transmitting data in the same way as information flows over the Internet. Qwest Communications International's product offerings; Technology for bringing down the cost of long-distance calls; Telecom companies' investments in...
- The life cycle of a network packet. // InfoWorld;06/01/98, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p105
Describes how the life cycle of a typical computer network packet works. Layer 2 switch with no routing; Layer 2 switch with routing; Layer switch with routing.
- The enterprise networks: Smarter is faster. Dugan, Sean // InfoWorld;06/01/98, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p106
Presents the marketing potential of Layer 3 computer switching system according to a survey conducted by `InfoWorld' periodical. Implementation of the system in most of the companies' network; Few numbers opted to use the Gigabit Ethernet system.
- Broadbanding together. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;09/28/98, Vol. 235 Issue 13, p28
Focuses on switching and transmission industry groups' efforts to refine asychronous transfer mode (ATM) over asymmetrical digital subscriber line in the United States. Major issues tackled in a forum; Adapting of ATM to the spitterless standard called G.lite.
- Three into one will go. // New Scientist;6/10/95, Vol. 146 Issue 1981, p40
Discusses the packet switching. Advantages over traditional circuit switching; Technical standards; Jitters induced when carrying changing messages such as telephone calls or video signals.
- Networks. Salamonte, Salvatore // Australian Personal Computer;Aug96, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p201
Focuses on the trends toward switched computer network architectures. Economic trends according to International Data Corp. (IDC); Need for more desktop bandwidth to support multimedia and other bandwidth-intensive applications; Advantages; Carrying LAN traffic over asynchronous transfer mode...