Who's on E:\?
- New and enhanced CD-ROM servers; new server software. // CD-ROM Professional;Sep96, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p21
Highlights developments concerning CD-ROM servers. SciNet Inc.'s introduction of SciNet Series 700 CD-servers; Pars International Computer Inc.'s MultiNet CD-ROM server, a multiprotocol file server; SMS Data Products Group Inc.'s inclusion of TCP/IP support for its Series 700 Tower for CD-ROM...
- Todd releases CD-ROM/Web server. // Information Today;Feb1997, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p27
Highlights the OPTI-NET Direct HL-7, a complete compact disc (CD-ROM) and Web server by Todd Enterprises Incorporated. Features of the product; Installation of the product on an network; Contact information.
- PrimeArray Unveils New-Series CD/DVD Servers. // Information Today;Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p53
Reports on the availability of new-series ServStation and Netserve catching CD/DVD-ROM servers by PrimeArray Systems, Inc as of October, 2000. Incorporation of high-speed processors, a faster system bus, greater memory expansion, and full-duplex 100-MB fast Ethernet; Production of network...
- Smoothly Serviceable Midrange Servers. Rash, Wayne // InfoWorld;6/14/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p28
The article evaluates midrange servers from Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) and MPC. Hewlett-Packard's ProLiant DL58O G2, built on a 4U chassis and running up to four Xeon MP processors, illustrates wonderfully what can happen when a server is designed to be as expandable and serviceable as possible....
- Facts, figures, & findings. // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p14
Presents miscellaneous facts about CD-ROMs and the CD-ROM industry. Total CD-ROM sales in 1995; Multimedia titles; CD-ROM most useful source of information; CD-ROM titles top software sales; CD-ROM directory revenues; Web/online advertising; Investment firms; Internet computing; Growth in...
- CD-deals. Tunbridge, Nathaniel // Australian Personal Computer;Nov94, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on the CD-ROM industry in Australia. Forecast on CD-ROM player sales in from 1994 to 1998; Development of the small office/home office market; CD-ROMs as an ideal stepping stone to online services; Limitations of CD-ROMs.
- CD-ROM publishing today. Herther, Nancy K. // Database;Aug/Sep95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p27
Looks at the trends in CD-ROM products in order to identify features that may be incorporated into upcoming business products. Intense competition for market share; Microsoft's effort to acquire Intuit; Availability of CD-ROM drives as standard computer equipment; Reference/information titles;...
- New CD-ROM drives keep getting faster. // EMedia Professional;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p18
Presents compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) drives from Toshiba, Pioneer, Sony, Acer and Axonix. SCSI-2 XM-3801B drive from Toshiba America Information Systems; Pioneer New Media Technologies' 12X internet CD-ROM drive; Sony Electronics' CDU511 16X CD-ROM drive.
- Networked CD-ROM libraries proliferate. // EMedia Professional;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p20
Includes compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) library solutions. First networked CD-ROM file server to break the 1MB per second data transfer barrier from Optical Access International; Addition to Meridian Data's CD Net 800 series of CD network servers; Rackmount Hot Swap CD-ROM Server from...