Myths and legends of CD-R
- Two Greek Myths CD. // Calliope;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p45
Presents information on two compact discs on Greek myths.
- Next-generation Players turn out smarter. Player, C. D. // Mid-South Farmer;Mar2012, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p35
The article presents a story which demonstrates the flexibility and capabilities of the player technologies including the MPEG, Ipod, and JBL.
- Charlie Bone and the Castle of Mirrors. Osborne, Charli // School Library Journal;Jul2006, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p53
The article reviews "Charlie Bone and the Castle of Mirrors," an audio recording released on cassette and compact disc formats.
- CD-Ring. Junyk, Myra // Resource Links;Oct2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p35
The article reviews the book "CD-Ring," by William T. Hathaway.
- Reissued CDs: Go for the gold? // Consumer Reports;Apr96, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p6
No abstract available.
- Erasable optical discs. // Popular Science;May87, Vol. 230 Issue 5, p56
Optical discs can store more information than can regular magnetic floppy diskettes, and ten times more than hard disks. Now in a dramatic advance, the newest of these high-capacity discs can be erased and reused repeatedly.
- Molecular memory. Freundlich, N.J. // Popular Science;Jun87, Vol. 230 Issue 6, p62
The storage capacity of a laser disc is limited by the size of a recorded laser spot. IBM researchers are overcoming that limitation by developing a computer memory that would store one thousand times more information in the same spot. The key is to store data in molecules trapped in crystals.
- Interactive CDs. Freeman, J. // Popular Science;Nov89, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p92
Discusses how a new family of compact discs will soon deliver interactive options to a television with video pictures, animation, text, and hi-fi audio. Software firms are readying super-realistic games, surrogate-travel tours, education/trainingdiscs and more. INSET: Home run!: Mixing...
- A CD photo album for your TV or computer. Stover, D. // Popular Science;Dec90, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p42
Looks at the Kodak Photo CD system which lets consumers preserve, organize and display their 35mm photographs and slides on special compact discs. Features; Capabilities; Price.